Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why do some programs show the type of my CPU as Core i3?


03 Jul 2012   #21

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
a cooperator sorry I have no answers. Have a nice day.
No problem at all,


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2012   #22

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
a cooperator sorry I have no answers. Have a nice day.

But only I have just this different question, I hope you reply me.

On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 64-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp).
I think that It should have been said the reverse.

This is just what I found it, but I am quite surprised that my Windows is 64bit and I found that the result is in Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp).
As far as I know that 'Program Files' for Windows 64bit, however, \Program Files (x86) for 32bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2012   #23

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You're 64-bit machine can run 32-bit programs. Not sure but I don't think Belarc makes a 64-bit version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Jul 2012   #24

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
You're 64-bit machine can run 32-bit programs. Not sure but I don't think Belarc makes a 64-bit version.
Thank you very much
As long as that Belarc doesn't make with a 64-bit version, then if you have a look at this, you will be finding out that it should have been said
'On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 64-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp). Then right click on the file named (COMPUTERNAME).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2012   #25

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a cooperator View Post
As long as that Belarc doesn't make with a 64-bit version, then if you have a look at this, you will be finding out that it should have been said
'On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 64-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp). Then right click on the file named (COMPUTERNAME).
But that wouldn't be correct as you're not taking into account machines running the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Instead, you would state it as:

'On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 32-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp). Then right click on the file named (COMPUTERNAME).

Just a different "frame of mind" I guess. With the huge number of 32-bit machines (x86) manufactured over a couple of decades and so many of them still in use, it's probably best to state it the way they did. When 64-bit becomes the predominant platform they'll likely change the way they make such statements.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2012   #26

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1-64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a cooperator View Post
As long as that Belarc doesn't make with a 64-bit version, then if you have a look at this, you will be finding out that it should have been said
'On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 64-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp). Then right click on the file named (COMPUTERNAME).
But that wouldn't be correct as you're not taking into account machines running the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Instead, you would state it as:

'On Windows 7: Open Windows explorer to the c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp directory (on 32-bit Windows c:\Program Files (x86)\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp). Then right click on the file named (COMPUTERNAME).

Just a different "frame of mind" I guess. With the huge number of 32-bit machines (x86) manufactured over a couple of decades and so many of them still in use, it's probably best to state it the way they did. When 64-bit becomes the predominant platform they'll likely change the way they make such statements.
Thank you so much,

But I know all programs which are 32bit installing in the directory Program Files (x86)\; however, 64bit installing in the directory Program Files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2012   #27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a cooperator View Post
But I know all programs which are 32bit installing in the directory Program Files (x86)\; however, 64bit installing in the directory Program Files.
But Belarc, being a 32-bit program, will install in the Program Files (x86) folder on a 64-bit OS. Keep in mind that the x86 designates 32-bit.

If you install Belarc on a 32-bit OS it'll be placed in the Program Files folder.

The older 32-bit OS/machines couldn't run 64-bit programs so programs would typically install to the Program Files folder. There was no need to have two separate folders.

Newer 64-bit system can run both 32-bit and 64-bit. But they must be kept separate. Say you found a new program you want to try on your 64-bit system called My New Program. But it's available in both 32 and 64-bit versions. When you install the 32-bit version it should install into the Program Files (x86) folder, the 64-bit version will keep its files separate from the 32-bit version and should install into the Program Files folder. You can now try out each version; in your Start Menu you'll find 2 entries for My New Program, one for the 32-bit and the other for 64-bit. But I think it's up to the developer how they appear. He might label them as My New Program for the 32-bit and My New Program (64-bit) for the 64-bit, but he can label them however he sees fit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why do some programs show the type of my CPU as Core i3?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Why do some programs show the type of my CPU as Core i3?
Thread Forum
Solved E8600 only show Core Speed 2666.7 MHz in CPU-z. Hardware & Devices
Programs unable to startup (HKLM:RUN) type General Discussion
Installed programs won't show in programs menu Software
Cannot type & some programs say 'another user' General Discussion
quick lauch type toolbar for All programs Customization
List of associated programs for a file type General Discussion
What programs show launched programs on bootup? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33