Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Motherb supports a certain CPU but the CPU isn't on the list of chipse


07 Jul 2012   #1

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 
Motherb supports a certain CPU but the CPU isn't on the list of chipse

chipsets supported by the motherboard.

My CPU is Celeron 450
Here it shows the CPU is supported by the motherboard:

ASRock > Products > P5B-DE

(If you click on "overview and specifications" it shows how the chipset supported is P965)


Here is the list of chipsets

View image: 12

Why isn't Celeron on the list?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2012   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drake717 View Post
chipsets supported by the motherboard.

My CPU is Celeron 450
Here it shows the CPU is supported by the motherboard:

ASRock > Products > P5B-DE

(If you click on "overview and specifications" it shows how the chipset supported is P965)


Here is the list of chipsets

View image: 12

Why isn't Celeron on the list?
Hmmmm. Probably a manufacturer mistake. As long as you don't have any problems with your computer with that cpu installed, then use it and be happy with it If you have any problems with the computer with that cpu, then feel free to post back in this thread and we will help you with it. If not, then you can mark this thread as solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2012   #3

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drake717 View Post
chipsets supported by the motherboard.

My CPU is Celeron 450
Here it shows the CPU is supported by the motherboard:

ASRock > Products > P5B-DE

(If you click on "overview and specifications" it shows how the chipset supported is P965)


Here is the list of chipsets

View image: 12

Why isn't Celeron on the list?
Hmmmm. Probably a manufacturer mistake. As long as you don't have any problems with your computer with that cpu installed, then use it and be happy with it If you have any problems with the computer with that cpu, then feel free to post back in this thread and we will help you with it. If not, then you can mark this thread as solved.





I don't have them yet, i want to buy the moterboard and the CPU, but only if they work together. That's why i'm asking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Jul 2012   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drake717 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drake717 View Post
chipsets supported by the motherboard.

My CPU is Celeron 450
Here it shows the CPU is supported by the motherboard:

ASRock > Products > P5B-DE

(If you click on "overview and specifications" it shows how the chipset supported is P965)


Here is the list of chipsets

View image: 12

Why isn't Celeron on the list?
Hmmmm. Probably a manufacturer mistake. As long as you don't have any problems with your computer with that cpu installed, then use it and be happy with it If you have any problems with the computer with that cpu, then feel free to post back in this thread and we will help you with it. If not, then you can mark this thread as solved.





I don't have them yet, i want to buy the moterboard and the CPU, but only if they work together.
Ok. Try to find a different motherboard that fully supports that cpu AND chipset. I wouldn't risk anything. This is probably a manufacturer mistake, but I wouldn't risk it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2012   #5

Windows 7 ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by drake717 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windude99 View Post
Hmmmm. Probably a manufacturer mistake. As long as you don't have any problems with your computer with that cpu installed, then use it and be happy with it If you have any problems with the computer with that cpu, then feel free to post back in this thread and we will help you with it. If not, then you can mark this thread as solved.





I don't have them yet, i want to buy the moterboard and the CPU, but only if they work together.
Ok. Try to find a different motherboard that fully supports that cpu AND chipset. I wouldn't risk anything. This is probably a manufacturer mistake, but I wouldn't risk it.

I only can get this one because it works with the rest of my components, but it's weird because on that chipset list also isnt the rest of the CPUs supported by the motherboard. I don't know
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2012   #6

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Here's the official support list for the P965:

Intel® P965 Express Chipset

(click "compatible products", then "CPUs").

The Celeron 450 is supported.

Seems a shame to be building a new system based on an old motherboard, but maybe you need the PCI slots, or the IDE controller.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Motherb supports a certain CPU but the CPU isn't on the list of chipse




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Motherb supports a certain CPU but the CPU isn't on the list of chipse
Thread Forum
Using x64, SCSI driver only supports x86 Drivers
Solved How can I know if my ASUS G72 supports USB 3.0? Hardware & Devices
DownThemAll! 2.0 Available – Now Supports Firefox 4.0 Browsers & Mail
How to tell if router supports PPTP for VPN connections Hardware & Devices
1080p HDTV only supports 720p? Graphic Cards
Estimate how long it will be before pb supports the rtm Gaming
drivers for Intel 855 Centrino Chipse(from China) Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33