Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mouse got light even before turning on power.

10 Jul 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Mouse got light even before turning on power.

My mouse light is still on after I turned off my computer? Previously it was not like this. How can i turn it off after my computer is shut down?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jul 2012   #2

Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
 
 

(I assume your mouse is connected via a wired USB connection to your desktop PC?)

Does your power supply have a on/off switch on the back of your computer.

If so, this is normal and is nothing to worry about really but you can turn that switch off if you wish, just remember to switch it back on before turning your PC on.

This happens because some USB ports allow power to continue going through to them which is very handy if you charge a mobile or MP3 device using the PC, this way it can carry on charging those devices whilst the PC is off.

If you unplug you mouse after the pc has shut off and then plug it back in again, in some cases it should'nt turn back on till you turn the PC back on but if it does turn back on then again, like i said, don't worry.

Hope this helps to explain your query.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

There is no switch to turn off power supply at the back. Is there anyway i can turn off the power supply? I don't want my mouse light to be on after my computer is shut down.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Jul 2012   #4

Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GradeAbra View Post
There is no switch to turn off power supply at the back. Is there anyway i can turn off the power supply? I don't want my mouse light to be on after my computer is shut down.

Thanks
The only other ways are to either turn off the main power outlet which your desktop is plugged into, or to unplug your mouse after you're done on your PC..

Perhaps you could head to your PC's BIOS to check whether there is an option for you to turn off the ability for USB sockets to power devices when your PC is off. Something like USB Power options.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote:
Perhaps you could head to your PC's BIOS to check whether there is an option for you to turn off the ability for USB sockets to power devices when your PC is off. Something like USB Power options.
How can this be done?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GradeAbra View Post
How can this be done?
As explained, you would go into your system's BIOS when you power on. There's always a key to hit to enter, but it changes from brand and type. You should see a message on screen right away telling you what key to enter, usually DEL, F4, F2, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #7

Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
 
 

When you start up your computer, there should be a Fx button on your keyboard that you can press to head into your BIOS menu.

I notice you've previously started a thread about your BIOS and how you wanted to reset it in this thread (How can i reset the BIOS to default?), so i assume you know which button to press to get there.

In your BIOS menu there should be an entry for USB power settings.. I don't know which ones specifically, for I do not have your machine, but it should be there...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #8

XP / Win7 x64 Pro
 
 

When was this previous time period that it did not do this? Was it on a different machine or this one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
When you start up your computer, there should be a Fx button on your keyboard that you can press to head into your BIOS menu.

I notice you've previously started a thread about your BIOS and how you wanted to reset it in this thread (How can i reset the BIOS to default?), so i assume you know which button to press to get there.

In your BIOS menu there should be an entry for USB power settings.. I don't know which ones specifically, for I do not have your machine, but it should be there...
I dunno actually, that time the motherboard has problem so i bring it to someone to help me replace a new one.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FliGi7 View Post
When was this previous time period that it did not do this? Was it on a different machine or this one?
Before i replace a new board.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #10

XP / Win7 x64 Pro
 
 

Well, that's pretty key information right there. What motherboard model was installed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mouse got light even before turning on power.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Mouse got light even before turning on power.
Thread Forum
US B mouse stops working red light is still on Hardware & Devices
How do I prevent the mouse from turning my display on? General Discussion
Turning USB socket power off and on Hardware & Devices
Turning off a wireless keyboard and mouse Hardware & Devices
Where can I find a replacement power light? Hardware & Devices
Computer turns itself off and power light stays on General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33