Im a pc tech at a medium sized business and we recently started having problems with USB Scanners; 2 in particular. It seems that when plugged in they work for a few minutes however when i walk away they stop working. Here are some details
- Same model of scanner
- Different computers of different models
- Scanner is a Datalogic Quickscan M2130
- Both are running Windows 7 but 1 is enterprise & other is professional. Both are 64 bit
i have done what i can think of to troubleshoot this.
- Turned off power management for usb hubs in device manager.
- Went to advanced power options and disabled usb slective suspend.
- switched devices with the computers.
- switched usb port multiple times.
- Power cycle computer
- Update drivers
- Uninstall device & Reinstall
Thats all i can think of right now that i have done.
On a side note, ive vistied this website a lot of times but never signed up and i do appreciate all the help i have gotten.