Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lenovo Wifi Hardware not detecting after Win7 Formatting

28 Jul 2012   #1
metalrun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Lenovo Wifi Hardware not detecting after Win7 Formatting

hey guys, please help
yesterday night i formatted my friend's lenovo laptop with Win7 Ultimate, All went perfect but when the desktop appear, i looked upon the network icon on the right bottom of the taskbar a cross sign appeared on it.
Solutions -
1. i tried updating the drivers through device manager - NO result
2. i downloaded the wifi software from the lenovo drivers site - During installation messaged appeared "There are no match driver for the hardware"
3. I reformatted the Laptop again - NO progress
4. I even uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and restarted the laptop "in a hope it will install automatically" but still nothing.
5. And its a good image - not broken/fixed/nothing - its ****ing perfect.
6. I used it soo many times to format my/friends/family/others PC's all are working perfectly. I dont understand how did thing happened!
7. I even installed the same image in my vmware just for to be sure if its not corrupted, but it was installed and working fine with all drivers running.

SO please help guys. Give me some solutions


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2012   #2
kellymac35

WINDOWS 7 Ultimate x64 Full
 
 

A long shot but maybe?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2012   #3
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalrun View Post
2. i downloaded the wifi software from the lenovo drivers site - During installation messaged appeared "There are no match driver for the hardware"
You haven't downloaded the correct driver - if its an x86 installation download the x86 driver, and vice versa for x64.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jul 2012   #4
metalrun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalrun View Post
2. i downloaded the wifi software from the lenovo drivers site - During installation messaged appeared "There are no match driver for the hardware"
You haven't downloaded the correct driver - if its an x86 installation download the x86 driver, and vice versa for x64.

Regards,
Golden
Bro i know about the architecture of laptop!!! its x86...
i did that! but still now leads!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2012   #5
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

well BRO,

Carry out following:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec
(left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
Manufacturer and Model and
ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

You will find that in Speccy, you can select info from the display
using your mouse/touchpad and then paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2012   #6
metalrun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
well BRO,

Carry out following:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec
(left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
Manufacturer and Model and
ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

You will find that in Speccy, you can select info from the display
using your mouse/touchpad and then paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.
Thanks bro, but the thing is my laptop is working fine! i formatted my friends laptop i.e Lenovo G560 with Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate
so if i follow you directions then what exactly will happen???

Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2012   #7
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Until the problem with your friend's laptop is fixed, then please fill out the system specs to reflect his system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2012   #8
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalrun View Post
Bro i know about the architecture of laptop!!! its x86...
i did that! but still now leads!!!
Thats all well and good, but which Windows 7 did you install?

32 bit (x86) requires x86 WIFI driver
64 bit (x64) requires the x64 WIFI driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #9
metalrun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by metalrun View Post
Bro i know about the architecture of laptop!!! its x86...
i did that! but still now leads!!!
Thats all well and good, but which Windows 7 did you install?

32 bit (x86) requires x86 WIFI driver
64 bit (x64) requires the x64 WIFI driver
Mate, i installed 32 bit (x86) requires x86 WIFI driver's
just check this link out - Drivers and software - Lenovo G560 Notebook
I tried all Wireless LAN drives but none of them worked!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #10
metalrun

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Until the problem with your friend's laptop is fixed, then please fill out the system specs to reflect his system.
Sure mate i'll do it!!!!
thanks once again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lenovo Wifi Hardware not detecting after Win7 Formatting




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer not detecting network hardware
Hello, I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 onto a laptop which once has had working internet. Since the installation has been completed, I no longer have access to internet. Wireless or wired. In the bottom right of the screen it has the network icon with a red X through it. When I try...
Network & Sharing
Wifi not detecting networks after driver reinstall & 0x8007000E error
Hello Sevenforums.com, Only literally just registered because of this huge problem. By the way I have an Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g Wifi card. So my story begins... A while back I'd get BSOD very regularly ONLY when connected & using the internet. I did some rummaging on here & found out...
Network & Sharing
Windows 7 - Not detecting any networking hardware
I'm looking for some assistance to the above problem I'm having with my desktop. I am unable to connect to the net through this PC, however, the net connection is working fine as I am currently connected wirelessly via my laptop. The icon on the tool bar has a red cross indicating that I'm not...
Network & Sharing
Win7 lenovo ideapad "no internet access" to wifi router
Quick Specs- i-ball baton 150m router my home pc with win xp sp2 Lenovo notebook with Windows 7 ultimate Okay.....I am simply trying to connect my Win7 notebook to the wireless router, but i JUST don't know which network settings are misconfigured and i have tried everything and anything to...
Network & Sharing
Win 7 not detecting hardware
Hey guys, Recently i upgraded win XP to win 7 with a format and fresh install. Though after the install, Win 7 did not pick up my onboard sound card or my usb modem. I have the drivers for them but how can i install them if Win 7 wont pick them up? they dont appear in the device manager at all....
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App