Recently I ran into a problem where I needed to reassign drive letters due to some hiccup of my machine, in other words, don't know why... Well unfortunately when I connected my Windows Smartphone it connected and was visible in the Safely Remove Media window and in W Explorer, but it was assigned a drive letter that was the old drive letter of the repository of where I synced the phone. I have three videos that are crucial on the phone, but it would not put them on the computer. So I unassigned that drive letter and was going to reassign another. Well I should have just changed it, hindsight!! It is no longer showing up in Explorer. It is showing up in the remove media, in device manager as a portable device but it doesn't seem to connect and I can't transfer the only videos I've ever actually needed that I took on the darn phone.
Lost and in need of assistance!