I've had great help on this forum in the past but this might be a bit trickier:
I am trying to get my Canon DR-2580C scanner recognised on my Windows 7 (64-bit) laptop but with no success. It worked fine on my old Windows XP computer. This is what I have done:
(1) Installed what’s on the original set-up CD-ROM:
- ISIS & TWAIN driver
for DR-2580C v1.2
- CapturePerfect: v3.0.30
- JobRegister: v2.1
- JobCore: v2.1
(2) Visited Canon Europe’s software site DR-2580C, selected ‘Windows 7’ as my operating system and downloaded the ‘Available software for DR-2580C’ namely:
- The latest ISIS & TWAIN driver for DR-2580C: v1.8 – states that Windows 7 (64-bit) is supported
- CapturePerfect Updater: v.3.1.23 – only states Windows 7 is supported without any mention of 32- or 64-bit
It works one minute but then is not recognised by my laptop the next.
If I go to the Windows Compatibility Center, it states that Windows 7 64-bit is supported
by the DR-2580C scanner, but the link to the downloads is to the USA Canon site. Those Windows 7 (64-bit) downloads are the same as on the Canon Europe site, namely:
- the same ISIS & TWAIN driver for DR-2580C: v1.8
- the same CapturePerfect Updater: v.3.1.23 – but it says, unlike on the Canon Europe site, that this is supported by Windows 7 (64-bit) (Emulation Mode)
whatever ‘Emulation Mode’ means
There’s also a ‘RepairReg.exe’ utility on this site unlike the Canon Europe site.
I need this scanner every day for my legal proofreading work (I'm having to run it off my old XP computer at the moment). It's a brilliant scanner but if I can't find a solution, I'm going to have to get a new legal scanner and that's a lot of money
Any help would be appreciated.