Recently I made a few videos with fraps that took up around 110 gigs of space, so I decided to compress all that and upload to youtube, the amount of space the videos are taking up are now down to 70, but my free disk space hasn't increased, in fact it's decreasing as if I never deleted the videos, it isn't decreasing on it's own only if I make files, so basically it'll take up space and it just stays that way for some reason.
I've looked around the internet for a solution, I have tried:
- Disabling automatic backup, that didn't do anything.
- Scanned my computer with malwarebytes to make sure it isn't some worm, nothing found.
- Used disk cleanup, cleared up 900 MB but the free space still didn't change.
- Used CCleaner, cleared up 500 MB but the free space still didn't change.
- Used disk check, nothing bad was found.
- Used WinDirStat, everything seems fine as it should be, but theres 100 gigs of <unknown>, and I have no freaking clue what it is.
- Used SpaceSniffer, found absolutely nothing that would take up that much space
I would use defraggler, but it will take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
too long so I'd use it when I have no other option, there's gotta be another way other than literally waiting over a day for defraggler to finish, and chances are that it wouldn't change anything as well meaning I would have wasted a bunch of time, if defraggler doesn't help I'll just reformat the whole thing.
Additional information: Specs:
298 GB HDD
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit