Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why my Laptop Freezes and Starts Up again?


05 Sep 2012   #1

windows 7
 
 
Why my Laptop Freezes and Starts Up again?

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire 4743g. days back my Windows 7 Ultimate got Corrupted, so I cannot start my laptop so I cleaned it(Delete then Reinstalled the OS). Then It worked..But i have noticed another problem. my laptop freezes about 2 seconds then Starts up Again.. then freezes and un froze again... Then I am hearing some clicking sound on my disk drive on the right.(where I put DVD/CD's). And my laptop is 1 Year and 1 Month old, I haven't cleaned the fan. I think it has so many dust/oil in it that may also cause's my laptop to freeze from time to time. Then after about 10 minutes the Blue Screen of Death Appears!. It's so frustrating. I tried using Check Disk but it is stuck on the 4th Stage out of 5. like around 53k. I also tried defraging it. but nothing happens. I am in Safe mode now. hope someone can help me

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Its true that not cleaning the fan for a long time (also dependent on the room you use it in) CAN allow your computer to slow or freeze, either clean it yourself or get it cleaned with compressed air at a pc repair store - shouldn't take them very long to do it, but don't recommend doing it at PC World as they send your computer off to a warehouse somewhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
 
 

Hi,

As you mentioned you are hearing clicking sound from your disk drive, this could be the hard drive issue. I would suggest you to run Hardware diagnostics.

Further if your system is Overheating then please follow the below mentioned steps which could fix the issue:
  • Restore the system BIOS to factory defaults.
  • If the issue still persists, update the system BIOS to the latest version.
Please reply with results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Sep 2012   #4

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote:
I cannot start my laptop so I cleaned it(Delete then Reinstalled the OS).
You had an original Windows 7 installation disk? if not, reinstall following this guide. Don't listen to the guy telling to update BIOS, it's a very very dangerous thing to do even for pros and we know too little to really recommend it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bash23 View Post
Then I am hearing some clicking sound on my disk drive on the right.(where I put DVD/CD's).
if it is a device that reads CD/DVD call it "DVD drive", if it is an internal memory, call it a "hard drive". I have troubles understanding what device is making these clicking sounds.


Quote:
And my laptop is 1 Year and 1 Month old,
If it is still under some kind of warranty, try to take advantage of it. It is usually the best choice.

Quote:
I haven't cleaned the fan. I think it has so many dust/oil in it that may also cause's my laptop to freeze from time to time.
I can understand some dust but oil? Don't worry about that, unless you use it in really really dusty environments it's too early to clean the fan. I have no idea about how could oil get into a laptop ever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2012   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bash23 View Post
Then I am hearing some clicking sound on my disk drive on the right.(where I put DVD/CD's).
if it is a device that reads CD/DVD call it "DVD drive", if it is an internal memory, call it a "hard drive". I have troubles understanding what device is making these clicking sounds.

Hi. I have observed where the clicking sounds are coming from. it is not in the CD/DVD but it is where the RAM and Hard disk is located... below, when the clicking sound occurs my laptop will hang and then the Blue Screen appears.

I have marked where the clicking sounds are coming from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2012   #6

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Then it is the hard drive. When they do such sounds they are having serious issues or are dead. I repeat the advice I told you before, if it is under warranty, have them deal with it, as it may very well be that the hard drive has to be replaced and that is expensive.


If it is no more under warranty, and you have relatively easy access to it from a back panel on your laptop, look at what model of hard drive you have, download the memory diagnostic tools from the site of their manufacturer, run it on the device.

If you can't get the laptop to do it before doing Blue Screens, you can connect the hard drive to a desktop computer as if it was an internal hard drive and do the same.

Then post a screenshot of the results.

But anyway, if you cannot even start the laptop again before it starts clicking and doing Blue Screens, it is safe to assume that the hard drive is dead, so you have to go and buy a new one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #7

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
Then it is the hard drive. When they do such sounds they are having serious issues or are dead. I repeat the advice I told you before, if it is under warranty, have them deal with it, as it may very well be that the hard drive has to be replaced and that is expensive.


If it is no more under warranty, and you have relatively easy access to it from a back panel on your laptop, look at what model of hard drive you have, download the memory diagnostic tools from the site of their manufacturer, run it on the device.

If you can't get the laptop to do it before doing Blue Screens, you can connect the hard drive to a desktop computer as if it was an internal hard drive and do the same.

Then post a screenshot of the results.

But anyway, if you cannot even start the laptop again before it starts clicking and doing Blue Screens, it is safe to assume that the hard drive is dead, so you have to go and buy a new one.
Thank you very much sir. Actually I cannot start my Laptop anymore. It is stuck on Acer.. I cannot enter my BIOS Setup anymore. My Laptop is still under a warranty. I think let me go to the Technician and have it fixed and replace what is have to be replaced.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why my Laptop Freezes and Starts Up again?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33