Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Backlit Keyboard

16 Sep 2012   #11
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I have the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and it's the finest keyboard I've ever used and it's improved and sped my typing by a significant extent. In the pictures you'll also see the wireless version which is also a contender.
Backlit Keyboard-hpim1711.jpg

Backlit Keyboard-hpim1318.jpg




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Sep 2012   #12
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Not exactly sure on a price, but I'm definitely not spending over 100 on a keyboard. I just find that ridiculous.
A lot comes down to how much you type. I find that a solid mechanical keyboard makes me a much faster and more accurate typist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #13
kodi

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard is the best keyboard that I have ever used and I have used a lot of them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Sep 2012   #14
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Not exactly sure on a price, but I'm definitely not spending over 100 on a keyboard. I just find that ridiculous.
A lot comes down to how much you type. I find that a solid mechanical keyboard makes me a much faster and more accurate typist.
I type quite a bit. No keyboard so far has made me type any faster than I already do. I type quite fast on any keyboard once I get used to it. At the moment I have the Logitech Wireless mk360 combo. I really like it, but I've wanted a backlit keyboard for a while, and comfortable mouse would be nice as well. The one with this combo is quite small, but I've gotten used to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #15
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Those are my thoughts as well, for a membrane or non-mechanical keyboard, the Logitech Illuminated keyboard is the best looking/feeling/functioning I've ever used. The illumination is very nice and even too, as well as adjustable. It is whisper quiet too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #16
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

I've always like wireless as well because of less wires and more room on my desk because I have so much on it, but if a keyboard is nice and the price as well... who knows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #17
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Not exactly sure on a price, but I'm definitely not spending over 100 on a keyboard. I just find that ridiculous.
A lot comes down to how much you type. I find that a solid mechanical keyboard makes me a much faster and more accurate typist.
I type quite a bit. No keyboard so far has made me type any faster than I already do. I type quite fast on any keyboard once I get used to it. At the moment I have the Logitech Wireless mk360 combo. I really like it, but I've wanted a backlit keyboard for a while, and comfortable mouse would be nice as well. The one with this combo is quite small, but I've gotten used to it.
The key is a keyboard with tactile feedback. If you can learn and adjust to the fact that you only have to press the keys until the click and then release them, you can learn to type faster. It's quite hard for many people to adjust to, no doubt. I don't have any need for backlighting on my keyboard, as I know where the keys are by touch and don't really ever look at the keyboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #18
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
The key is a keyboard with tactile feedback. If you can learn and adjust to the fact that you only have to press the keys until the click and then release them, you can learn to type faster. It's quite hard for many people to adjust to, no doubt. I don't have any need for backlighting on my keyboard, as I know where the keys are by touch and don't really ever look at the keyboard.
I know where my keys are too. I just think it would be nice to have a backlit. I don't know. I may not even get another since I got this not too long ago, but it would be nice to keep in mind. I'd like a comfortable keyboard and mouse for sure. One that isn't loud to type on either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #19
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Some box electronics store might have the Logitech on display still, as it is a very popular model........you could look around and get your hands on it to see if you think it's worth it. My guess is you will love how it feels. I like the extended palm rest because I type with my wrists down, instead of up in the air and it is really comfortable for long typing sessions. Quite a few multimedia keys too, and I know you said you need those. I'd try to find one to put my hands on, you'll like it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #20
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Some box electronics store might have the Logitech on display still, as it is a very popular model........you could look around and get your hands on it to see if you think it's worth it. My guess is you will love how it feels. I like the extended palm rest because I type with my wrists down, instead of up in the air and it is really comfortable for long typing sessions. Quite a few multimedia keys too, and I know you said you need those. I'd try to find one to put my hands on, you'll like it.
Yeah, I'm always listening to music and I tend to use the keyboard to change songs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Backlit Keyboard




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Keyboard errors...but it's not the keyboard.
Key board errors: When I press the " key, I get the @ symbol. When I press the @ key, I get the ". This is a wireless logitech keyboard. This keyboard works fine on my laptop and another keyboard does the same thing on this computer. (The computer is new. Operating system windows 7 (64) I've tried...
Hardware & Devices
Backlit keyboard mod
Last year I bought an HP Pavilion g6-1b50us and so far I like it. The one problem I repeatedly run into however is the keyboard. When using my laptop in the dark the keys are rather difficult to see as one might imagine. I was thinking of doing some sort of mod with another HP keyboard. Take out my...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Keyboard making sounds, won't repeat keystrokes - cat sat on keyboard!
Please help, my cat sat on my keyboard this morning and turned something on - it was a Flash keys option I think (or Filter Keys?) - couldn't really see around her. :confused: I now have noises each time I press a key and am not able to repeat keys easily - only one stroke per key is allowed at a...
Hardware & Devices
Serious keyboard issues - keyboard has a mind of its own
Hi everyone. I have been experiencing serious keyboard issues since Friday on my dell inspiron 1420 laptop. Goes like this: Only the keys 5 and 6 work in the numbers row windows button does not work Most of the time i can type with my all my letters, but sometimes, pressing letters such...
BSOD Help and Support
My notebook keyboard restored as desktop keyboard
I just intalled windows 7 and now my keyboard is like a destop keyboard. How can i restore them to be as notebook keyboard? The notebook is a Acer Aspire 6930G
Hardware & Devices
Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts
As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters. I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App