|15 Sep 2012||#1|
| || |
usb mouse keeps disconnecting / connecting FIX! Windows 7 SOLVED!!!!!
Ok i know this isn't asking for help gut a google search shows 100's of people with the same issue.
None of the suggestions have ever worked.
Yes i tried EVERYTHING!!!!
1. New usb mouse, bought 2 new ones, one wireless, one wired + my old one. all 3 have the same issue and all 3 work fine on my old XP machine. IT IS NOT THE MOUSE!
2. Tried updating the drivers including, mouse, usb hub, generic usb, and chipset. IT IS NONE OF THESE!
3. Turned off (un-ticked) power management "turn it off to save power". NO AFFECT!
4. un-installed the usb hub as well as the mouse. STILL NO JOY!
5. Rolled back the driver. NADA, STILL THE SAME!
6. System Restore, STILL DISCONNECTING/RECONNECTING!
7. Tried the usb driver fix from USB Driver - General Fix for Problems BUT IT IS STILL HAPPENING!
8. Issue affects USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, I'VE TRIED ALL MY USB PORTS ITS NOT THEM!
9. It does not affect any other USB devices such as printer or scanner etc, IT IS JUST USB MOUSE AFFECTED!
10. Tried Updating the BIOS, NO AFFECT STILL HAVING ISSUES!
11. Tried cleaning contacts, IT IS NOT THEM!
SO HERE IS THE FIX i found worked for me.
So this requires you to edit the registry so come with risk, to help minimise the risk you need to backup the registry first!
To backup the registry or restore it please see this thread Registry - Backup and Restore
Ok having done that i found my antivirus (kaspersky) had altered the mouse upper filter value to read klmouflt mouclass.
*******NOTE******* Your antivirus may have a different name to klmouflt
Removing Kaspersky's value "klmouflt" and returning it to its default "mouclass" resolved the issue.
so to change it back to default you need to
Click the windows orb (start icon in the toolbar bottom left of the screen) and in the search.
type Regedit, and then click OK.
Click the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus sign (+) next to SYSTEM.
Click the plus sign (+) next to CurrentControlSet.
Click the plus sign (+) next to Control.
Click the plus sign (+) next to Class.
On the left hand side of the window, click UpperFilters.
Click Edit on the menu bar
Delete klmouflt so it just says mouclass
and save and then exit.
Reboot the machine just to be sure.
Your mouse will now work without issue.
Just to say an antivirus update MAY rewrite the registry and you MAY have to follow the steps again in the future.
Hopefully this will get google indexed and others will also find this useful.
|My System Specs|
|1 Week Ago||#3|
| || |
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: usb mouse keeps disconnecting / connecting FIX! Windows 7 SOLVED!!!!!|
|Mouse Consistently Disconnecting||Hardware & Devices|
|VPN starting connecting authenticating and disconnecting same time||Network & Sharing|
|Keep connecting/disconnecting from wireless network||Network & Sharing|
|connecting/disconnecting Firewire = BSOD||BSOD Help and Support|
|USB drive connecting and disconnecting constantly||Hardware & Devices|
|phantom drive repeatedly connecting/disconnecting||Hardware & Devices|
|unusal svchost.exe cpu 100% usage whenever connecting/disconnecting to||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.