Hello friends at 7forums.
I have a logitech G400 which is giving me trouble. Problem
USB devices connected to the same panel as the mouse will fail to work. Symptoms
I will notice the mouse freeze for approximately 500 ms, this phase can be hours.
In the second
phase everything will promptly shut down. It's like the locked-in syndrome in humans. I can speak (read: curse, scream and whine) with my friends on VoIP but the next thing to do is to press the shutdown button.
As a matter of fact, I am currently in the second phase! And this tells us both vital and confusing information. Observations
* This session, my mouse was in the front panel
along with my USB headset. After having phase 1 for a while the headset started sounding very strange (very distorted, digital sound) and the mouse stopped working.
* Usually the mouse is connected to the back panel
along with the keyboard. When plugging out the mouse from the back panel, and plugging it into the front panel, the mouse (or keyboard) still wont work.
But this time the front panel failed and the mouse got accepted in the back panel.
* Another observation is that this only happends when I play games. When this happend during a Dota 2 game (where leavers are punished hard) I resorted to using my laptop for a week.
* Device manager shows Universial Serial Bus with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark AS WELL AS "SM Bus". Which maybe someone can make something out of...
* Event viewer shows no errors at all.
I always try to search my way to the answer but this time I have to get help from people with knowledge about these things... My first thought was drivers
or corrupt ports. Very confusing.
Thanks in advance.