Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy
Gads, and googles, it sure would be nice to know
1. EXACTLY WHAT DVD NAME AND MODEL IT IS.
2. Does it show in devices?
3. have you checked all cables, and plugs.?
4. does the tray open?
5. Does the light flash when booting?
Things to watch for when you teching a customers system.
LOOK AND SEE WHAT WORKS AND DOES NOT WORK.
6. while the computer is online, unplug the device, then plug back in.
that should turn the computer OFF instantly. If yes then
6a. power supply cable is good.
6b. device is accepting power.
If NO, then the power supply cable or device cable is bad. or both. (see #3)
report back with info.
1. LG DVD GSA-H42N (2 years old model, never made any problems; been used with Vista Ultimate and Windows 7 - one of the earliest versions)
2. Does NOT show in devices
3. All cables checked (actually I just performed the unplug-plug routine advised a bit earlier - DID NOT WORK)
4.YES - Tray opens
5.YES - Light flashes when booting (I can change the DVD's inside - the light again flashes but there is no indication in the OS that something is there)
6. All cables are good - As I mentioned earlier I just installed the Win 7 from the same DVD.........................
That's why I'm saying - It's NO COOL.....
Still guys - thank you very much for the efforts!!!