Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: This device can perform faster

28 Oct 2012   #1
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
This device can perform faster

When i plug any device to usb port say mobile device or external portable hdd - i get this popup message "This device can perform faster if connected to hi-speed usb port" and when i click on it it gives this :



This was not the case few days back, and i dont know why it suddenly started. I even formatted the disks and did a clean win 7 installation but problem still persists and the transfer speed is approximately 1mb only for any thing. After clean installation also persisted so did windows update too - and i am fully updated with drivers and its still same.

Specs :

Quad core
4 gb ddr2 ram
2.7ghz processor
1 tb hd


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2012   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi innovat0r, This is another problem relating to the chipset drivers reinstall the chipset drivers from here : IPMEL-Q5 or do a search on the ASUS website for the Impel-q5 mobo from your country of origin
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #3
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi innovat0r, This is another problem relating to the chipset drivers reinstall the chipset drivers from here : IPMEL-Q5 or do a search on the ASUS website for the Impel-q5 mobo from your country of origin
thnx for your help, but the website you gave me is very complicated for me. can you give me a direct link for latest chipset drivers for x64 bit os. thnx in advance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Oct 2012   #4
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by innovat0r View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi innovat0r, This is another problem relating to the chipset drivers reinstall the chipset drivers from here : IPMEL-Q5 or do a search on the ASUS website for the Impel-q5 mobo from your country of origin
thnx for your help, but the website you gave me is very complicated for me. can you give me a direct link for latest chipset drivers for x64 bit os. thnx in advance.
innovat0r, try this one http://proisk.com/?host=ftp.h1442945.stratoserver.net It,s for Vista so you may have to install it in compatibility mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #5
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by innovat0r View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi innovat0r, This is another problem relating to the chipset drivers reinstall the chipset drivers from here : IPMEL-Q5 or do a search on the ASUS website for the Impel-q5 mobo from your country of origin
thnx for your help, but the website you gave me is very complicated for me. can you give me a direct link for latest chipset drivers for x64 bit os. thnx in advance.
innovat0r, try this one http://proisk.com/?host=ftp.h1442945.stratoserver.net It,s for Vista so you may have to install it in compatibility mode
Thnx i have installed the chipset drivers, but unfortunately it didnt make any difference ... any other solutions?

Update: On my system the file transfer is approx 1mbps. I tried on another which is p4 only and on that its going around 30mpbs and i got quadcore and its just too lazy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #7
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The file that you are trying to download has either been moved, renamed or archived.


any other source?

update : i googled to "http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/download/16198/" -- hope its same.

update 2 : tried installing above drivers but error came up with message "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Also i think this is for usb 3.0 ports -- and i dont have 3.0 port. I got 2.0 usb ports only.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #8
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I found latest chipset drivers which are of 2012 year, my old drivers were of 2008, but when i update the drivers it just goes to finish status immediately without actually getting updated, just as if the drivers are already there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2012   #9
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by innovat0r View Post
I found latest chipset drivers which are of 2012 year, my old drivers were of 2008, but when i update the drivers it just goes to finish status immediately without actually getting updated, just as if the drivers are already there.
Have you installed these in compatibility mode and are the drivers digitally signed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2012   #10
innovat0r

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by innovat0r View Post
I found latest chipset drivers which are of 2012 year, my old drivers were of 2008, but when i update the drivers it just goes to finish status immediately without actually getting updated, just as if the drivers are already there.
Have you installed these in compatibility mode and are the drivers digitally signed
yes, i did as you said - it goes as if the drivers are already installed and comes the finish option only.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 This device can perform faster




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
This device can perform faster. PCI-e usb 3.0
Hi All, This is my first post here after reading in this forum for a while. Here's a little background on my problem. Quite some time ago I bought a sandisk usb 3.0 card reader and a Orico usb 3.0 pci-e card (nec chip). I installed the card+drivers all ok. Connected the usb for the first time and...
Performance & Maintenance
This Device Can Perform Faster
Hi Everyone, I've recently been getting errors about my USB devices. It shows "This device can perform faster..." I'm pretty sure all the USB ports and both the devices I've tried are USB 2.0 compliant. Prior to this, My Mom, who also uses my desktop was alerted of a possible infection by...
Drivers
Your device can perform faster when you connect it to a usb3 device
Hi all, i need your advise pls. I have a Samsung series 7 laptop with 2 usb3 ports and 2 usb 2.0 ports. On the device manager i can see the installed driver Intel usb 3.0 root hub and intel usb 3.0 extensive host controller. I also have purchased a Samsung 64GB sdxc card SDXC UHS...
Hardware & Devices
This device can perform faster
I use HP Pavilion dv6840eo notebook. After installing Windows 7 I experience problem. When I make video chat in Skype after 3-5 minutes I receive error message: This device can perform faster. After receiving this error message in Device Manager I found that under "Universal Serial Bus...
Performance & Maintenance
This device can perform faster
I just received a 7 port usb in the mail that I ordered from eBay, condition is new and all. But when I plug in my usb devices such as thumb drives, I receive the error http://i.imgur.com/9NGY0.png I only receive the error when I plug in my usb devices to the usb hub, but I don't receive the...
Hardware & Devices
your usb composite device can perform faster
hi all i hav just got the msg your usb composite device can perform faster if plugged into a high speed port. all my ports should b usb 2.0. or could it b down to them being plugged into a 4 slot usb hub? i thought they would still b the same speed?:confused:
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App