Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need to know the RAM that support the Mobo that I will buy!


04 Nov 2012   #1

Windows 8 Pro with WMC 64-bit
 
 
Need to know the RAM that support the Mobo that I will buy!

Hey everyone!
I want to know if G.SKILL [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL(8Gx1) / F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL(8Gx2) RAM supports MSI Z77 MPOWER Motherboard

I searched in both support list and I didn't find, but I think it supports each other because the RAM is DDR3-1600 and this Motherboard support DDR3-1600, but I want to be sure!

NOTE: I want also to know if there is different between buying 2x8G or 1x8G (If I want to buy each one from different store with the same name) or there is no different?

NOTE 2: I will buy Intel Core i7-3770k CPU for my Mobo

Thanks!
addas


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Nov 2012   #2

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

First, I think that having 16GB of ram is completely useless. Second, if you are going with Ripjaws, you are mostly an amateur gamer, but I am sorry if I'm being stereotypical. If I'm right, I am sure you don't do lots of multitasking, or video and sound editing, making 16gb of ram just a waste, Two 4GB sticks, or 4 2gb sticks would do wonder with dual channel.

Third, if your motherboard RAM compatibility list does not show the ram you are buying, don't risk it. Ask someone directly from the company, or buy ram that shows as supported. Ripjaws don't do anything that other RAM sticks cannot do and will show any difference.

However if you are just going for looks, just doublecheck with an MSI CSA to see if it would be compatible with the board even if it doesn't show in the list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2012   #3

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
First, I think that having 16GB of ram is completely useless. Second, if you are going with Ripjaws, you are mostly an amateur gamer, but I am sorry if I'm being stereotypical. If I'm right, I am sure you don't do lots of multitasking, or video and sound editing, making 16gb of ram just a waste, Two 4GB sticks, or 4 2gb sticks would do wonder with dual channel.

Third, if your motherboard RAM compatibility list does not show the ram you are buying, don't risk it. Ask someone directly from the company, or buy ram that shows as supported. Ripjaws don't do anything that other RAM sticks cannot do and will show any difference.

However if you are just going for looks, just doublecheck with an MSI CSA to see if it would be compatible with the board even if it doesn't show in the list.
ERM I don't think so. I have two machines with 16gb ram in them and they also have 6 core CPU's. I run out of ram sometimes running virtual machines. GSkill ram is good quality but how much you buy depends on what you are using the computer for. Telling someone that they don't need a certain amount is just your opinion based on your use of your machine. I have Ripjaws in all the machines in my house and no one here is a gamer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Nov 2012   #4

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by addas View Post
Hey everyone!
I want to know if G.SKILL [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL(8Gx1) / F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL(8Gx2) RAM supports MSI Z77 MPOWER Motherboard

I searched in both support list and I didn't find, but I think it supports each other because the RAM is DDR3-1600 and this Motherboard support DDR3-1600, but I want to be sure!

NOTE: I want also to know if there is different between buying 2x8G or 1x8G (If I want to buy each one from different store with the same name) or there is no different?

NOTE 2: I will buy Intel Core i7-3770k CPU for my Mobo

Thanks!
addas
I suspect the ram will be fine, make sure you set it up correctly in the bios and get 1.5v standard GSkill memory. You sometimes have to tweak the bios to get the ram to run at 1600 mhz. 1 x 8 is just one, 2 x 8 is two matched in the same batch, sometimes if one goes bad you have to send both back. That is the difference.
Tony
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2012   #5

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
First, I think that having 16GB of ram is completely useless. Second, if you are going with Ripjaws, you are mostly an amateur gamer, but I am sorry if I'm being stereotypical. If I'm right, I am sure you don't do lots of multitasking, or video and sound editing, making 16gb of ram just a waste, Two 4GB sticks, or 4 2gb sticks would do wonder with dual channel.

Third, if your motherboard RAM compatibility list does not show the ram you are buying, don't risk it. Ask someone directly from the company, or buy ram that shows as supported. Ripjaws don't do anything that other RAM sticks cannot do and will show any difference.

However if you are just going for looks, just doublecheck with an MSI CSA to see if it would be compatible with the board even if it doesn't show in the list.
ERM I don't think so. I have two machines with 16gb ram in them and they also have 6 core CPU's. I run out of ram sometimes running virtual machines. GSkill ram is good quality but how much you buy depends on what you are using the computer for. Telling someone that they don't need a certain amount is just your opinion based on your use of your machine. I have Ripjaws in all the machines in my house and no one here is a gamer.
You mean telling someone your opinion about having 16gb of RAM might be a waste if you don't do many RAM demanding tasks, right? Because that's what I said.

But, Good for you on using up all your ram for your profession.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #6

Windows 8 Pro with WMC 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
First, I think that having 16GB of ram is completely useless. Second, if you are going with Ripjaws, you are mostly an amateur gamer, but I am sorry if I'm being stereotypical. If I'm right, I am sure you don't do lots of multitasking, or video and sound editing, making 16gb of ram just a waste, Two 4GB sticks, or 4 2gb sticks would do wonder with dual channel.
Well, yes, I will use it to play games, but also I am learning programming, so I will use a lot of memory. And I read more than one window/tab in browsers which waste a lot of memory, too. And sometimes I edit videos.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
Third, if your motherboard RAM compatibility list does not show the ram you are buying, don't risk it. Ask someone directly from the company, or buy ram that shows as supported. Ripjaws don't do anything that other RAM sticks cannot do and will show any difference.

However if you are just going for looks, just doublecheck with an MSI CSA to see if it would be compatible with the board even if it doesn't show in the list.
Thanks for the advice, I will send emails to the support center for both companies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #7

Windows 8 Pro with WMC 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
I suspect the ram will be fine, make sure you set it up correctly in the bios and get 1.5v standard GSkill memory. You sometimes have to tweak the bios to get the ram to run at 1600 mhz. 1 x 8 is just one, 2 x 8 is two matched in the same batch, sometimes if one goes bad you have to send both back. That is the difference.
Tony
Thanks! But this is my first computer build. Can you help me by giving me tutorials links about setting up the BIOS and the BIOS tweak? I know BIOS is not a difficult thing, but I want to be sure 100%!

And thanks for telling me the difference!

addas
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2012   #8

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Thanks! But this is my first computer build. Can you help me by giving me tutorials links about setting up the BIOS and the BIOS tweak? I know BIOS is not a difficult thing, but I want to be sure 100%!

And thanks for telling me the difference!

addas[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of tutorials on the web that tell you how to safely tweak the bios and no better place to look than this site: Tutorials - Windows 7 Forums
Specifically on the bios
How To Access the BIOS Setup Utility (How To Enter BIOS)

and of course wait till you get your machine and post a new question so the bios experts can tell you exactly what to do
It is really easy, lots of people want to help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need to know the RAM that support the Mobo that I will buy!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Need to know the RAM that support the Mobo that I will buy!
Thread Forum
Solved Does my mobo support uEFI? Hardware & Devices
Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo Hardware & Devices
Will my mobo support 3tb drives? Hardware & Devices
MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO General Discussion
USB Booting support in Intel D865GLC Mobo Hardware & Devices
How can you tell what CPU upgrade your laptop mobo can support? Hardware & Devices
need stable quality mobo with good bios support Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33