I just discovered that my Samsung SSD (830 series, MZ-7PC064D/EU) shows a very poor write performance (161 MB) though my read performance is pretty fair (448 MB).
I searched the web for a while now and tried every suggestion anyone wrote - nothing worked, my speed stays low (in comparison to values other users of this SSD get: ~500MB read ~300MB write - without RAID!)
Here are my system specifications:
Mainboard: M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
RAM: 8GB 1333 MHz
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, up to date
My SSD is plugged into the first SATA connector. All my drivers
, my BIOS and the SSD's firmware are the latest ones, TRIM and AHCI are activated, all the usual SSD tweaks have been made (no defragmentation, no search indexing etc.).
- using the Microsoft AHCI driver instead of the AMD SATA one
- disabling the write cache
- installing the latest chipset drivers provided on AMD's website
- installing the latest chipset drivers provided on ASUS' website
- forcing SATA 6gb/s support in the BIOS
I really don't know what I should try next - any suggestions?