Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

22 Nov 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 
Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)

I'm not sure where to ask but I have a problem.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 4750G) touchpad is not working. It is still usable, I can move the cursors with it. But the system seems telling me that I keep pressing the right button of the touchpad, so when I left click/tap the touchpad, it works as a right click instead. I disabled that by plugging in my USB mouse and right-clicking on the mouse. Well the problem comes again after I do that so I'm forced to use the USB mouse, which would be very annoying and time-eating if I have something to do quickly. Also, there's nothing stuck in there a the drivers are up-to-date.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Nov 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

win8pro 32 bit win 7Ulitmate 32 bit
 
 

the left and right settin gor switched some how maybe ! in the keypad settings.
go to start /control panel ,mouse / and In there click on the hardware tab along the top .in the list should be synaptics ,click on the Synaptics and then click on properties ,and In there should be all the different settings for the keypad
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
the left and right settin gor switched some how maybe ! in the keypad settings.
go to start /control panel ,mouse / and In there click on the hardware tab along the top .in the list should be synaptics ,click on the Synaptics and then click on properties ,and In there should be all the different settings for the keypad
Not, it's not switched at all, I already checked the settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Nov 2012   #4
Microsoft MVP

win8pro 32 bit win 7Ulitmate 32 bit
 
 

has the laptop been taken apart recently ,perhaps the touch pads ribbon cable malfunctioned
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

What did you do just before the keypad issue? Do you use any super duper tweak programs?
You could try System Restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
What did you do just before the keypad issue? Do you use any super duper tweak programs?
You could try System Restore
No I did not launch any high CPU usage application with it. Though, it happens weeks/months before I changed my harddisk from the damaged one to the new one. It once works normally, but then I installed/updated some drivers for the laptop like the VGA, Chipset, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
has the laptop been taken apart recently ,perhaps the touch pads ribbon cable malfunctioned
I'm currently agree with this. If no one cannot help or if it's a hardware problem I'll take it to Acer service center.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

win8pro 32 bit win 7Ulitmate 32 bit
 
 

first I would try uninstalling the touchpad drivers and reinstall them, check device manger to see what one you have ,ALPS or Synaptics, then go to acer siter in the latest one listed and install it .
acer downloads .
http://support.acer.com/us/en/produc...x?modelId=3520
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
first I would try uninstalling the touchpad drivers and reinstall them, check device manger to see what one you have ,ALPS or Synaptics, then go to acer siter in the latest one listed and install it .
acer downloads .
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 4750G
Already did that. No effect at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Laptop Touchpad not working (Acer)
Thread Forum
touchpad on asus laptop stopped working Hardware & Devices
Acer Touchpad Drivers
acer 9810 laptop wireless not working Network & Sharing
Acer 8930G Touchpad Problem Drivers
Acer TravelMate Touchpad Buttons Hardware & Devices
Acer Aspire 6530 Touchpad Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33