Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: need new motherboard socket 775/DDR2


05 Dec 2012   #11

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Yep I reckon Indiana is right personally I would slip in a 1155 board a nice little i3 and 8GB 1600 RAM - you wouldn't necessarily need the 1600 but it's handy. my Sandy is running 16GB 1600MHz RAM but it is throttled back anyhow to 1333.

The motherboard would be around (out here) $90 the CPU $135 and the RAM well 8GB G Skill 1600 $45 so for about $270 practically a new machine and some leeway. In the US more like $250 - $240.

My Ivy I just posted in rigs is running 1866 and truly it isn't much faster than 1333 until I start O/C the it might come in handy.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2012   #12

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Yep I reckon Indiana is right personally I would slip in a 1155 board a nice little i3 and 8GB 1600 RAM - you wouldn't necessarily need the 1600 but it's handy. my Sandy is running 16GB 1600MHz RAM but it is throttled back anyhow to 1333.

The motherboard would be around (out here) $90 the CPU $135 and the RAM well 8GB G Skill 1600 $45 so for about $270 practically a new machine and some leeway. In the US more like $250 - $240.

My Ivy I just posted in rigs is running 1866 and truly it isn't much faster than 1333 until I start O/C the it might come in handy.
Going to socket 1155 is like building a new pc... all i need is a socket 775 motherboard, this is a LAN party pc...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2012   #13

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

on Ebay you can find tons of socket 775 mobos for less than 50 euro. last time there were more than 2000 results for EU.

Since you can't simply walk up to a store and buy what we recommend, it's better to have a look at what is available in your price range, and choose the best of that (just google the name of the mobo with "REVIEW" after it to see if the overclocking features).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Dec 2012   #14

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Yep I reckon Indiana is right personally I would slip in a 1155 board a nice little i3 and 8GB 1600 RAM - you wouldn't necessarily need the 1600 but it's handy. my Sandy is running 16GB 1600MHz RAM but it is throttled back anyhow to 1333.

The motherboard would be around (out here) $90 the CPU $135 and the RAM well 8GB G Skill 1600 $45 so for about $270 practically a new machine and some leeway. In the US more like $250 - $240.

My Ivy I just posted in rigs is running 1866 and truly it isn't much faster than 1333 until I start O/C the it might come in handy.
Going to socket 1155 is like building a new pc... all i need is a socket 775 motherboard, this is a LAN party pc...
Hum Dorado like Bob says stacks on Ebay plus that duo one I quoted I am just a touch confused though what is the difference of using a 775 against a 1155 at a ?LAN party. Don't 775 boards play with 1155 ones - truly I don't understand
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2012   #15

 

I'll take a look on ebay...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2012   #16

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hum Dorado like Bob says stacks on Ebay plus that duo one I quoted I am just a touch confused though what is the difference of using a 775 against a 1155 at a ?LAN party. Don't 775 boards play with 1155 ones - truly I don't understand
He mans that he plays games that that his rig can handle (with a new motherboard anyway), and doesn't see the reason to blow hundreds of $$$ in something he doesn't need and putting perfectly fine components in the trash.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2012   #17

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Hum Dorado like Bob says stacks on Ebay plus that duo one I quoted I am just a touch confused though what is the difference of using a 775 against a 1155 at a ?LAN party. Don't 775 boards play with 1155 ones - truly I don't understand
He mans that he plays games that that his rig can handle (with a new motherboard anyway), and doesn't see the reason to blow hundreds of $$$ in something he doesn't need and putting perfectly fine components in the trash.
correct... I already have a main pc, I use this secondary pc and a third Pentium 4/AGP based system to LAN play...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2012   #18

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Ok mate - just a suggestion good luck - see you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 need new motherboard socket 775/DDR2




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: need new motherboard socket 775/DDR2
Thread Forum
motherboard lga775, ddr2, pci-e win 7 compatible help needed Hardware & Devices
Anyone have a Socket S1 motherboard? Hardware & Devices
Solved Can a DDR3 MotherBoard Run DDR2 Memory Hardware & Devices
Best AM3 Socket and DDR2 Motherboard Hardware & Devices
Athlon X2 7850 OEM & Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 DDR2 Motherboard Hardware & Devices
DDR3 micro ATX socket 775 motherboard? Hardware & Devices
775 ddr2 motherboard with 3 pci-e 16 lanes? Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33