Here's what I tried:
- Checked BIOS (does not recognize drive)
- Downloaded the Seagate "Seatools" harddrive diagnostic program, both Windows and DOS versions, tried both without success.
- Tried "MiniTool Partition Wizard", did not see the drive
- Tried "MiniTool Power Data Recovery" (free edition), did not see the drive.
- Tried "RECUVA", didn't see the drive.
- In Disk Management when hooked up directly to the motherboard via SATA cable, it lists it as "Disk 2", "Removable" and allows me to designate a drive letter, and change drive letter.. but the drive won't show up. When I type the drive letter ("N:\") in Windows Explorer, it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (N
So it's not looking good. If anybody has other ideas, perhaps data recovery software to try out, please let me know. And thanks for the advise so far, I appreciate it.