Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Multiple Base System Devices, why ?

09 Dec 2012   #1

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 
Multiple Base System Devices, why ?

Why do I have so many "base system devices" can I safely delete them ?



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2012   #2

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

first, we need to know your system specs, follow this tutorial

Second, why are you posting a Win 8 issue in sevenforums when there is eightforums?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2012   #3

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
first, we need to know your system specs, follow this tutorial

Second, why are you posting a Win 8 issue in sevenforums when there is eightforums?
Another PC, that uses Windows7. I posted this in another thread;

Common, I can almost guarantee that if any suggestions are given, my System Specs wouldn't be required. Why is everyone hung up on System Spec, most of the users on this board offer, so I'm one of the few that don't, why get yourself all tied in a knot or not help over that, it really doesn't make sense, even if you think it does.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Dec 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post

Common, I can almost guarantee that if any suggestions are given, my System Specs wouldn't be required. Why is everyone hung up on System Spec, most of the users on this board offer, so I'm one of the few that don't, why get yourself all tied in a knot or not help over that, it really doesn't make sense, even if you think it does.
Name:  seriously.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  13.7 KB

Poor logic


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Jerome, you ask a vague question about "Base" (foundation) "System" (contains multiple components) "Devices" (Literally, countless possibilties there)

Quote:
Common, I can almost guarantee that if any suggestions are given, my System Specs wouldn't be required
I can guarantee you that a valid answer to your question will require more info than "Windows8"

Think about what you are asking, and you give zero information about your hardware..."tied in knots about system specs", yeah we like system specs so we can give correct or useful answers.

What answer are you looking for? You can't even buy shoes without knowing what size or color, etc...It's a two way street.

Quit being so stubborn about your system specs, you ask a question in the hardware and devices forum yet no one knows what hardware you have, do you see the problem there?

System Info - See Your System Specs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2012   #6

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote:
Another PC, that uses Windows7.
Yeah, but you have issues witn Windows 8, not windows 7, so eightforums is the best place to find answers.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Why is everyone hung up on System Spec, most of the users on this board offer, so I'm one of the few that don't, why get yourself all tied in a knot or not help over that, it really doesn't make sense, even if you think it does.
Specs are needed to know what we are working with, we don't do it because we are nosy nor because we want to violate your privacy. The software in the tutorial I linked just makes a list of hardware composing your computer, as each computer is deifferent inside. Ask a mechanic to fix a car over the phone, without telling him what car he is working on, and listen to the answer, he won't be as polite as we are here.

This behaviour makes me think you have something to hide though.
Come on, the worst that can happen is that you get perma-banned.

Anyway, those in the list are unrecognized devices, go to the device manufacturer's site and download and install all the drivers they offer for Win8. If they don't try installing drivers for Windows 7 in compatiblity mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2012   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I decided to update my system spec, can we lay this to rest now and get onto the question ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Base System Devices are the components on your motherboard. These are usually controlled by the Chipset driver, although some, like a Card Reader, sound chip, LAN controller, etc. require a separate driver.

You do not list your motherboard model (only the chipset) so I can't look to see what those other drivers could be. But you can look just as easily.

But most often you will find that many base system devices will disappear when the proper drivers are installed because they are simply multiple instances of the same component that the system does not know what to do with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2012   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
Base System Devices are the components on your motherboard. These are usually controlled by the Chipset driver, although some, like a Card Reader, sound chip, LAN controller, etc. require a separate driver.

You do not list your motherboard model (only the chipset) so I can't look to see what those other drivers could be. But you can look just as easily.

But most often you will find that many base system devices will disappear when the proper drivers are installed because they are simply multiple instances of the same component that the system does not know what to do with.
That is the diagnostics I came to as well. It's what drivers do these devices need, I can't figure out, and I've checked and checked hrm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2012   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

What is the brand and model is the motherboard?

And what drivers, including version numbers, have you installed so far?

And, is this a newer installation of Windows? Or has it been installed and running well for a while and you just noticed these devices?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Multiple Base System Devices, why ?





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Multiple Base System Devices, why ?
Thread Forum
base to the max only, 5.1 system problem Hardware & Devices
Can't ID driverless devices "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH" Drivers
Base System Device Hardware & Devices
Base System Error Drivers
Base System Device General Discussion
base system device help !! Drivers
Need drivers for the following Base System Devices: Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33