Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: super slow windows, on very decent pc


27 Dec 2012   #1

 
 
super slow windows, on very decent pc

ok so first off here is my computer specs

mobo asus p8 z77-v LX
intel i5-3570k quad core cpu
16 GB ram ( 2 set of 2 4gb sticks )
Windows 7 64bit
ati hd 5450

i started without the ssd nor the gpu, preformance all around windows was laggy
about each window has to hang a bit

i thought it was a hdd problem so i got an ssd, no use
i thought it was a ram problem so i ran memtest86, everything is fine
i thought i had the cpu intalled in correctly, was fine aswell

what might be causing this ? i am going crazy over here ?!
can it be the mobo chipset ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2012   #2

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

It could be a faulty installation. Did you do a fresh install when you moved over to the SSD? Otherwise it might be a driver issue, or you might have some faulty hardware somewhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #3

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuzTeTT View Post
It could be a faulty installation. Did you do a fresh install when you moved over to the SSD? Otherwise it might be a driver issue, or you might have some faulty hardware somewhere.
3 times with Windows 7 ( 2 on hdd and 1 on ssd )
and 2 win8 attempts

what faulty hardware might it be ? i tested everything, and replaced everything that cannot be tested
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Dec 2012   #4

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

You have an integrated graphics processor. Try rebooting with your ATI GPU outside of the machine, running your graphics from the integrated GPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #5

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuzTeTT View Post
You have an integrated graphics processor. Try rebooting with your ATI GPU outside of the machine, running your graphics from the integrated GPU.
i just bought the gpu today...
it was my finale attempt to fix the problem myself
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #6

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

And you did a prolonged Memtest86+ test for at least 24hrs without a single error?

Interesting. Definitely faulty hardware. You'll have to unplug everything and bring the system down to its smallest operating factor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #7

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LuzTeTT View Post
And you did a prolonged Memtest86+ test for at least 24hrs without a single error?

Interesting. Definitely faulty hardware. You'll have to unplug everything and bring the system down to its smallest operating factor.
i allowed to to go for 6 hours only, but didnt have a single error and i tryed with both sets individually and the error lasted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #8

 
 

ffs even chrome is lagging on a 16gb system....

is there any way to test the mobo ? it hard to find a test mobo with 3rd gen intel icore support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #9

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by a7medo778 View Post
ffs even chrome is lagging on a 16gb system....

is there any way to test the mobo ? it hard to find a test mobo with 3rd gen intel icore support
Take the system down to the lowest factor. Remove everything from the system that isn't required to boot and operate at the bare essential level.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

at first, what do u expect of the speed ? how laggy it is??

second try msconfig and disable unwanted program from the startup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 super slow windows, on very decent pc




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: super slow windows, on very decent pc
Thread Forum
My Internet is Super Slow and Sometime .. Network & Sharing
CPU Spiking and super slow Performance & Maintenance
VPN super Slow Network & Sharing
windows 7 64bit duel core 1.3 mhz 450gig hd 4gigs ram Super Slow??! Performance & Maintenance
Super slow Windows install on Asrock 870 Extreme 3 with RealSSD C300 Installation & Setup
IE8 super slow Browsers & Mail
super SLOW Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33