Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New keyboard volume control buttons don`t work

29 Dec 2012   #1
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 
New keyboard volume control buttons don`t work

My new keyboard works, except for its volume control buttons and its l<< >ll >>l previous play/pause and next buttons. Why is this and how do I get them to work??

My keyboard is a wireless Logitech K360


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2012   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi inaniloquent, Have you loaded the drivers ? Support + Downloads: Wireless Keyboard K360 - Logitech Setpoint software controls the key
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2012   #3
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Most USB keyboards will work within 10 seconds of plugging them in. By work, I mean function.....you can start typing with them. Windows detects new hardware and will install a very basic driver to allow it to have basic functionality. To get the bells and whistles, you need to either install the software that came with the device, or go to the manufacturers website and download the latest driver for the device. Use the link that Pebbly provided and you should be good to go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Dec 2012   #4
Saurabh A

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
My new keyboard works, except for its volume control buttons and its l<< >ll >>l previous play/pause and next buttons. Why is this and how do I get them to work??

My keyboard is a wireless Logitech K360
Hi inaniloquent,

As correctly suggested by 'pebbly', check if 'Set-point software' is installed; you may try re installing it.

If the issue persists, please share name/details of the 'media player' that you are using when the multimedia keys are not responsive.

If you are trying to use 'Winamp', try the following steps and check results:
- Navigate to 'Winamp Preferences'
- Select 'General Preferences'
- Go to 'Global Hotkeys'
- Place a 'tick mark' in the 'check-box' that says 'Enable default multimedia key support'

Do reply with the results; glad to assist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2013   #5
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi inaniloquent, Have you loaded the drivers ? Support + Downloads: Wireless Keyboard K360 - Logitech Setpoint software controls the key
thanks, your link made it work perfectly!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2013   #6
inaniloquent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Saurabh A View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by inaniloquent View Post
My new keyboard works, except for its volume control buttons and its l<< >ll >>l previous play/pause and next buttons. Why is this and how do I get them to work??

My keyboard is a wireless Logitech K360
Hi inaniloquent,

As correctly suggested by 'pebbly', check if 'Set-point software' is installed; you may try re installing it.

If the issue persists, please share name/details of the 'media player' that you are using when the multimedia keys are not responsive.

If you are trying to use 'Winamp', try the following steps and check results:
- Navigate to 'Winamp Preferences'
- Select 'General Preferences'
- Go to 'Global Hotkeys'
- Place a 'tick mark' in the 'check-box' that says 'Enable default multimedia key support'

Do reply with the results; glad to assist.
I`m using iTunes, so no problems there. thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New keyboard volume control buttons don`t work




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Keyboard buttons dont work
Alright so here it goes, I spilled ranch on my keyboard(a friend did). This is a laptop keyboard, the keys L N and K didnt work before. So i assume it was a bad keyboard, i order a online keyboard and now this one the keys ZX 1 dont work. So is this a keyboard hardware issue? Did i just get...
Hardware & Devices
No Volume Control , Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 Keyboard
All of the sudden , I have no volume control whatsoever on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 Keyboard . I am using Intellipoint 8.2 and I think that is part of the problem . I don't think I am the only one with this problem. Any ideas?
Sound & Audio
My keyboard buttons does not work!
Hey, dear Sevenforums.. I've been using a keyboard, that i bought in Albania, really cheap price, low profile keyboard named ACME. My PC Have been screwed up by it somehow.. i think, as now i cant press serval buttons on my Keyboard. I can't Press ENTER Anymore on my laptop keyboard,...
General Discussion
Volume control on keyboard stopped working.
Hi Guys. On my HP keyboard are 3 silver buttons which control the volume. up, down and mute. When you press on one of them, a scroll bar thing appears, and you can see what you are doing. Now, all of a sudden, the bar does not appear. The volume control still works when pressing them, but...
Sound & Audio
Volume Buttons is not adjusting volume on new keyboard
Hello sevenforums, I just received a new keyboard today: Thermaltake Challenger Ultimate. I went from a Logitech G15. First thing I did was connect the keyboard and install the software that came along on the CD, it probably also installed the correct drivers. First after this did I uninstall...
Hardware & Devices
Volume and Mute buttons do not work with Windows 7
I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my Hp DV9823CL. The quickplay and dvd buttons work,but the volume and mute buttons do not. This is what I sent HP: problem description : I did a clean install of Windows 7. Prior to the clean install all quickplay buttons worked fine. Now the quickplay and...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App