Quote: Originally Posted by Duckling
I mean like maybe something solar powered.
Or if I needed a file for ten minutes it could drain the computer battery.
It'd also mean that the wire for the HD would be as easy to unplug if the plug was right next to the computer
Well, then a 2.5" external USB harddrive would be the thing, right?
1. It is as small as a pack of cigarettes
2. It gets it's power from the USB port.
3. It has only a USB plug, so it's easy to plugin and out.
4. When not operating it can survive a drop because of it's small mass.
5. they come with 320gb nowadays.
You might also consider a USB stick 32gb.
1. it is very small.
2. it get's it's power from USB
3. Super easy to plugin and out.
4. you can run your car over it,
it will survive the washing machine if you forget it was in your back pocket.
it can take extreme temperatures low and high.
To charge your laptop, there are solar chargers, but they are expensive.
A car plug charger is much cheaper.
I hope this is helpful.