Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My Android Tablet

14 Jan 2013   #1
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
My Android Tablet

I got an Android Tablet for Christmas. It is not a top of the line one, but it has the web and email and appears to have things that most tablets do. I have tried to learn how to use this thing but am having little luck. Is there a place to go that teaches the fine art of using one or is it just hit and miss. My Owners manual was very poorly written and is of little help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Jan 2013   #2
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

This is for a phone, but I used this to understand the basics behind my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab:
The Complete Android Guide - CompleteGuides
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #3
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I got an Android Tablet for Christmas. It is not a top of the line one, but it has the web and email and appears to have things that most tablets do. I have tried to learn how to use this thing but am having little luck. Is there a place to go that teaches the fine art of using one or is it just hit and miss. My Owners manual was very poorly written and is of little help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

I think it would be sorta like my phone if i were you I would visite Android forum type in your device model and name and they should give you a detail way to use it Android Im sure you are probably running Jelly Bean that is the latest Os 4.2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jan 2013   #4
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I had an Acer for a while. Is there something specific you need to learn how to do? I haven't seen a manual or anything like that, because the basics are very simple, by design. There isn't supposed to be much of a learning curve for general usage.

Do you have a gmail account set up so you can access the Play store and download new apps? If you have web-browsing and e-mail accomplished, then you are pretty much on to 3rd party apps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #5
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
I had an Acer for a while. Is there something specific you need to learn how to do? I haven't seen a manual or anything like that, because the basics are very simple, by design. There isn't supposed to be much of a learning curve for general usage.

Do you have a gmail account set up so you can access the Play store and download new apps? If you have web-browsing and e-mail accomplished, then you are pretty much on to 3rd party apps.

Yeah pretty much after you make a Gmail Account everything else it pretty much up to you

Also i would look into file manager apps and such because they improve performance I know it isn't that far from my phone but make sure to max out the SD card slot that you have because internal storage fills up quick unless you divert it away from the Device
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #6
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

On that note, I've been using AndExplorer and it seems to work very well, and handles .zip files for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #7
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
On that note, I've been using AndExplorer and it seems to work very well, and handles .zip files for me.

is that a paid or free app ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #8
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

I want to thank you all for the quick response. Golden, thanks for the Manual and I will read that tonight. I also appreciate the reference to the Andriod Forum. I did not know about that. One of you mentioned a "Learning Curve", what is that they say about "Teaching Old Dogs......". Seriously, I thank you for all of your helpful hints,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

Also i would look into file manager apps and such because they improve performance I know it isn't that far from my phone but make sure to max out the SD card slot that you have because internal storage fills up quick unless you divert it away from the Device
What is my SD Card? I never realized I was so "Tablet Handicapped".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2013   #10
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

An SDCARD is a small little storage card that can be inserted into the tablet as additional storage - they are common in digital cameras. Think of it as a small, slim external storage card.


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My Android Tablet




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Homegroup - Add Android Phone or Tablet
How to Add an Android Phone or Tablet to a Homegroup in Windows 7 and Windows 8 This tutorial will show you how to link any Android phone or tablet device to your homegroup in Windows 7 and Windows 8. woulv0zp7Sg
Tutorials
Using Android tablet as a PC monitor extension: Is there a way???
Hello Is there a way to connect an Android tablet using the USB connector to my PC to convert it as a display monitor? I read that there are few solution using a wifi connection, but I'm looking for a wired solution. Martin :)
General Discussion
Android tablet portable wireless connection ?
I have an Asus TF300T tablet. Android Ice Cream sandwich 4.x. What hotspot would work with my tablet ? Or would something else give me internet connectivity ? I want to be anble to password and control my own connection. Not borrow one, nor use an Internet cafe. Most hotspots I've checked...
Chillout Room
Connecting PC to Android Tablet via USB
I'm trying to connect my Pc to my new Android Tablet. I connect the PC to the Tablet thru USB. I then turn on the Tablet. I see additional drives (2) but it says I have to put disks in them. The first time I saw five drivers being added: 1) USB Composite Device 2) USB Mass Storage Device 3) Alcatel...
Hardware & Devices
More Android Tablet Questions
I sent off to get a Micro SD for my tablet. It came today in good order, but I also received something I was not expecting. It looks like the Micro SD but bigger and the Micro SD fits inside of it. It says "Adapter" on the side. I am guessing I could put the Micro SD in the Adapter and use it...
Hardware & Devices
Not windows - Android Tablet
I know this is a windows forum, but I have just bought a tablet and am having problems, so before I ask a question I want to clarify; 1st does anyone know anything about android OS's ? 2nd Is it OK to ask such stuff on a windows forum ? (and is there a subforum for it?)
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App