|15 Jan 2013||#1|
| || |
Sleep mode loses printer devices
Whenever my Windows7 64bit Dell XPS15Z laptop goes into sleep mode it loses all the
None of the devices load up and the only way to get them back is to do a restart.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or found a solution?
|My System Specs|
|22 Jan 2013||#6|
| || |
Please try the following troubleshooting steps and see if they help:
1. Ensure that the following 'services' are running:
- Click 'Start', type 'services.msc' in 'Search Programs and Files' text-box; tap 'Enter' > Double-click 'Print Spooler' and set its 'start type' to 'Automatic' > Click 'Start' to 'start the service' and click 'Ok' > Double-click 'Bluetooth Support Service' and set its 'start type' to 'Manual' > Click 'Start' to 'start the service' and click 'Ok' > 'Exit' > Restart the system and check results.
2. If the issue persists, try 'registering the following DLLs':
-Please ensure that you 'backup the system registry' for future use, if needed: Registry - Backup and Restore
- Also create a 'System Restore' point: System Restore Point - Create
- Open an 'elevated command prompt': Elevated Command Prompt
- Type the following command and tap 'Enter': regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll''
- Restart 'Windows' and check results.
3. If you still experience the issue, 'XML registration' may be the culprit:
- Determine the 'MSXML version' installed in the computer > Download the relevant 'Update package' > 'Unzip' the 'archive' > Run (Install) the enclosed 'REG file' (This should restore the missing MSXML DLL registration entries, if any). For details on checking the 'MSXML version' installed in the unit, please refer to this 'web article': Description of an update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2. In case of confusion, please share the 'XML version' in the system; will take it further.
Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings; would be glad to assist.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Sleep mode loses printer devices|
|Printer name in Devices and printer keeps changing every few seconds||Drivers|
|New Canon printer messing up sleep mode?||Hardware & Devices|
|Loses IP after lengthy sleep||Network & Sharing|
|Hibernation or sleep loses Internet connectivity!||Network & Sharing|
|Devices and Printer Box Freezes||General Discussion|
|Display loses adjustment upon waking comp from sleep.||Graphic Cards|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.