Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Epson DX8450 Error

18 Jan 2013   #1

windows 7
 
 
Epson DX8450 Error

My printer keeps giving me the error messasge "A printer error has occured, turn off the printer, then press on button to turn on. See your documentation" I have unistalled it held down the on button and cancel button at the same time to print a test paper, but still can't get anything to print.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jan 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Couple of things you can try.

1. Unplug power cord from wall outlet then press and hold power button to discharge any built up electricity within printer.
2. Open paper feed tray, remove blank paper and make sure there are no obstructions at the feed rollers/gears like paper dust build up (can of compressed air may help.)
3. Make sure ink cartridges move freely on guide rails. (Check owner's manual for info about whether or not guide rails need to be lubricated.)
4. With no paper in feed tray, plug printer back in and press power button to make sure ink cartridges move to proper alignment position.
5. Still with no paper in feed tray try to print a test page. Make sure you receive "out of paper" warning.
6. Add paper to feed tray and see if printing commences.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #3

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
Couple of things you can try.

1. Unplug power cord from wall outlet then press and hold power button to discharge any built up electricity within printer.
2. Open paper feed tray, remove blank paper and make sure there are no obstructions at the feed rollers/gears like paper dust build up (can of compressed air may help.)
3. Make sure ink cartridges move freely on guide rails. (Check owner's manual for info about whether or not guide rails need to be lubricated.)
4. With no paper in feed tray, plug printer back in and press power button to make sure ink cartridges move to proper alignment position.
5. Still with no paper in feed tray try to print a test page. Make sure you receive "out of paper" warning.
6. Add paper to feed tray and see if printing commences.
Thanks marsmimar still the same error looks like I will have to get a new printer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Jan 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Ahh ... bummer. On the other hand, if it's is more than a few years old (I think the DX8450 first came out in 2007) a new printer may provide enhanced features specifically designed and incorporated for Windows 7/8. Hope you and yours had a great holiday season.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
Ahh ... bummer. On the other hand, if it's is more than a few years old (I think the DX8450 first came out in 2007) a new printer may provide enhanced features specifically designed and incorporated for Windows 7/8. Hope you and yours had a great holiday season.
Thanks for trying mate, and I you and yours had a great holiday season too mate. Which printer would you go for I am looking for 1 at £50-£70 at most, basically which printer is cheapest for ink. As it was £39 for genuine Epson catridges.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

So much depends on how you use your printer. Do you need all in one features (print, scan, copy, fax)? Can you make do with just B&W? How many copies per month do you make?

For several years I used a Lexmark X1150 all in one. But I didn't print a lot each month. I found out the ink cartridges dried out rather quickly and replacments were costing me a small fortune. Based on my personal needs I switched to a monochrome refurbished Brother HL2240D laser printer. I paid about £50 for the printer (which came with a "sample" toner cartridge good for about 400 copies.) High-yield toner cartridges cost about £18 and they easily give me 2,000 full sheet (single spaced) copies. The toner powder never dries out and gets almost completely used up. Unlike ink jet cartridges that seem to have about 25% of the ink left.

Canon, Brother, Samsung, HP and Lexmark seem to consistently get good user reviews here in the Colonies for reliability, service and cost per sheet whether ink jet or laser. Sorry I can't be more specific on a particular model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #7

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
So much depends on how you use your printer. Do you need all in one features (print, scan, copy, fax)? Can you make do with just B&W? How many copies per month do you make?

For several years I used a Lexmark X1150 all in one. But I didn't print a lot each month. I found out the ink cartridges dried out rather quickly and replacments were costing me a small fortune. Based on my personal needs I switched to a monochrome refurbished Brother HL2240D laser printer. I paid about £50 for the printer (which came with a "sample" toner cartridge good for about 400 copies.) High-yield toner cartridges cost about £18 and they easily give me 2,000 full sheet (single spaced) copies. The toner powder never dries out and gets almost completely used up. Unlike ink jet cartridges that seem to have about 25% of the ink left.

Canon, Brother, Samsung, HP and Lexmark seem to consistently get good user reviews here in the Colonies for reliability, service and cost per sheet whether ink jet or laser. Sorry I can't be more specific on a particular model.
Yes I would need it for all of the above mate except fax. I remember seeing a Kodak advertising it as having cheap repalcement ink catridges, but I have had a look and they are not much cheaper than Epson.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #8

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi hollyoaks777, I have the Epson SX610fw wifi printer ,an all in one affordable printer cost about £50 if I remember , I use the CISS system of inks in mine CISS Ink Supply Systems. CISS ink and CIS cartridge printing specialist | City Ink Express similar to this

And a youtube video
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #9

windows 7
 
 

Hi hollyoaks777, I have the Epson SX610fw wifi printer ,an all in one affordable printer cost about £50 if I remember , I use the CISS system of inks in mine CISS Ink Supply Systems. CISS ink and CIS cartridge printing specialist | City Ink Express similar to this

Very interesting pebbly Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Only reason I didn't mention Kodak is their on-going bankruptcy problems. Still haven't heard anything definitive on what's going to happen or if it will affect its product lines.

Kodak in $525 million patent deal, eyes bankruptcy end | Reuters

Epson has a good reputation in the business sector. Particularly the Workforce series of all in ones. (The Workforce Pro series will probably be out of your price range. However, something to consider is the fact that you are a "valued Epson customer". As such, perhaps Epson would reward your loyalty by issuing a coupon or voucher good for a discount towards an upgrade purchase. Never hurts to ask.)

Epson WorkForce & WorkForce Pro Business Printers - Epson America, Inc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Epson DX8450 Error





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Epson DX8450 Error
Thread Forum
EPSON Scan Software
Trouble with installing Epson stylusSX235W,error 0x00000057 Installation & Setup
Old Epson printer Drivers
No Epson driver(s) for use with W7 Drivers
Epson cx3900 and epson scan Software
Epson SX 105 All In One Drivers
Epson lq 870 Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33