|28 Jan 2013||#1|
| || |
Hung up on boot screen (HP Pavilion)
My system - HP Pavilion Desktop P6310f, AMD Athlon II x4 630 2.8GHz, 6gb ram, GForce 8600GT, 1Tb HDD (new installed 12 mnts ago), Windows 7 64bit installed by a vendor. When I got it home, I created 3 Recovery DVDs.
System have worked fine. Uninstalled a program today, that I do not use and did a START/REBOOT.
Problem - hung up on the blue HP screen with the hand and several apps icons flowing to/from the hand.
Four options shown - F10=Setup, Esc=Boot Menu, F11=System Recovery and F9=Diagnostics.
Keyboard not active, no response from any key or combination of keys such as Ctrl/Alt/Del.
Experience - Not a total nubie, can follow instructions to chase down issues.
Did a hard boot by unplugging the pc, plug it back in and press the power button. Hangs up at the same screen.
Did some search on this site, but all relate to BSOD. Any help appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
|My System Specs|
|30 Jan 2013||#2|
| || |
I searched the web for possible solutions and read a few threads. Ended up doing the following.
1. Unplug external devices other than mouse & keyboard. Mine where parallel printer (via usb port) and my router.
2. Power on and booted fine.
3. Clicked on Start/Restart and booted fine.
4. Clicked on Start/Shut Down, reconnected the router, power on, booted fine.
5. Opened browser, go on a couple of sites and all is fine.
6. Clicked on Start/Shut Down, reconnected the printer, power on and hung up.
7. Unplug power cord from the back, disconnect printer, power on and booted fine.
8. Clicked on Start/Shut Down, reconnected the printer in different usb ports (total 3 ports), power on and hung up.
9. Unplug power cord from the back, disconnect printer, power on and booted fine.
Printer: HP LaserJet 2100 which worked fine before in the Windows 7 os.
Any one have any feedback?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Hung up on boot screen (HP Pavilion)|
|HP Pavilion dv9500 will only boot up if dvd is in drive||Software|
|Dual boot HP Pavilion P6310f with 7 and XP Pro||Installation & Setup|
|Hung up on welcome screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|computer hung on boot with windows logo||Hardware & Devices|
|HP Pavilion laptop screen is messed up||Hardware & Devices|
|Hung at Black Screen during Shutdown||BSOD Help and Support|
|Boot problems, windows gets hung||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.