Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?


28 Jan 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 
How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?

How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware update (DXM04B0Q)? The Magician software is supposed to do it, but when I open up the download folder where the firmware update download is located, the Magician software doesn't see it. I've downloaded the firmware in many different locations, but still, the Magician software doesn't see it. Any Ideas? See snips to see firmare update download location and what Magician software sees. The firmware update (DXM04B0Q) is right below the Symantic folder.


Magician download and firmware update download: Support - Solid State Drives MZ-7PD512 | Samsung Memory & Storage




Attached Thumbnails
How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?-capture-dwnloads-1_28_13.png   How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?-capture-firmware-download-1_28_13.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jan 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Couple of things you can try.
- Move the DXM04B0Q folder to your desktop. Does the Samsung Magician see it?
- If still no joy, try letting the Magician download the firmware. Verify it downloaded the correct version.

I also found this tutorial.

Samsung SSD Firmware Upgrade Guide | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
Couple of things you can try.
- Move the DXM04B0Q folder to your desktop. Does the Samsung Magician see it?
- If still no joy, try letting the Magician download the firmware. Verify it downloaded the correct version.

I also found this tutorial.

Samsung SSD Firmware Upgrade Guide | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews
Thank you for the guide. This is the best one that I've seen.

I've tried using both IE and Firefox for the firmware update. I've let the Magician download the software. I've downloaded the firmware to the desktop and to different folders that the Magician showed. In all cases, the Magician doesn't see the software. Any ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jan 2013   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Is it downloading a .zip file that needs to be extracted first?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Is it downloading a .zip file that needs to be extracted first?
When I open them up, there are two .enc downloads that Windows doesn't know how to open. See snip of opened latest firmware download. For some reason, the Magician software doesn't see download.


Attached Thumbnails
How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?-capture-.enc-firmware-1_29_13.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Have you actually extracted those files somewhere from the .zip file or are you just opening the folder? Right-click the .zip file and extract to a location, and THEN point the software to that spot and see if it will pick it up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Have you actually extracted those files somewhere from the .zip file or are you just opening the folder? Right-click the .zip file and extract to a location, and THEN point the software to that spot and see if it will pick it up.
This was the trick. I extracted the files and they were left in the folder. Then I clicked on downloads where the folder is and the Magician software saw them. I was able to safely install the firmware. Thanks a bunch!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #8

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Cool! Glad you got it worked out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2013   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeftC View Post
This was the trick. I extracted the files and they were left in the folder. Then I clicked on downloads where the folder is and the Magician software saw them. I was able to safely install the firmware. Thanks a bunch!!
Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for posting back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
 
 

Guys, thank you so much for helping me with this. it had me stumped. I had tried extracting the files, but I didn't try looking for the folder with the extracted files afterwards for some reason. Thanks a bunch!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I install the latest Samsung SSD firmware?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33