Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Motherboard or Mainboard for i7 3930K(more things in description)

24 Feb 2013   #21
KKS21199

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
I use an Asus P9X79 Pro with an I7-3930k.

It has the standard 6 Intel SATA ports (two of those are 6Gb/s, the other 4 are 3Gb/s, as is standard for an X79 board). It also has 2 more 6Gb/s SATA ports, using a Marvell controller.

ASUS - - ASUS P9X79 PRO

For the RAM, I'd suggest a quad channel kit rather than the dual channel you specified. It may not make a huge difference in practice. I gave the DDR3-2400 frequency a miss; stayed with the DDR3-2133 (GSkill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH, from the Qualified list for the board). Supposedly the returns are rapidly diminishing above DDR3-1600. The prices rise rapidly above DDR3-2133.

Power supply? I don't own this one, but it's very popular:

HX Series HX750 Power Supply

You'd want something larger if you ever wished to add a second 7970 in Crossfire, though.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing View Post
I don't think any LGA2011 boards come with on board graphics . He has a i7-3930K processor.

They do not.....I was just saying on-chip/board graphics have some advantages. But no, Socket 2011 has none of that.

so you mean that it asus pro P9X79 doesn't come with graphics card

what is the difference betwenn the sockets


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Feb 2013   #22
KKS21199

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

And also does aus P9X79 contains wireless card in it or i should buy it alone

please proceed to this website,
http://www.techhypermart.com/pc-part...oard_soket=819

Can you say the difference between the 3 motherboards, P9X79, in the showed website, they have different prices so what are those differences
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #23
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

No motherboard comes "with" a graphics card. Motherboards a few generations ago had an "on-board" graphics chip that were basically just useful enough to connect to a monitor and output graphics. Recently, they moved away from that and integrated graphics into the CPU, seen in Intel Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU's. It works the same, except it's not on the actual board, it is in the CPU. Socket 2011, or Sandy Bridge-Extreme has none of these features......no on-board graphics, and no on-chip graphics. To use that system, you HAVE to install a separate graphics card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Feb 2013   #24
KKS21199

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
No motherboard comes "with" a graphics card. Motherboards a few generations ago had an "on-board" graphics chip that were basically just useful enough to connect to a monitor and output graphics. Recently, they moved away from that and integrated graphics into the CPU, seen in Intel Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU's. It works the same, except it's not on the actual board, it is in the CPU. Socket 2011, or Sandy Bridge-Extreme has none of these features......no on-board graphics, and no on-chip graphics. To use that system, you HAVE to install a separate graphics card.
Then once my graphics card is gone, my system is gone right without a new graphics card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #25
KKS21199

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

helooo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #26
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KKS21199 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
No motherboard comes "with" a graphics card. Motherboards a few generations ago had an "on-board" graphics chip that were basically just useful enough to connect to a monitor and output graphics. Recently, they moved away from that and integrated graphics into the CPU, seen in Intel Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU's. It works the same, except it's not on the actual board, it is in the CPU. Socket 2011, or Sandy Bridge-Extreme has none of these features......no on-board graphics, and no on-chip graphics. To use that system, you HAVE to install a separate graphics card.
Then once my graphics card is gone, my system is gone right without a new graphics card
Technically, the system would work but it wouldn't do you any good because you wouldn't be able to see anything. If you use a Sandy Bridge board, such as the P9Z79 series, you would have to install a graphics card to be able to use it. Since you want or need speed, you probably wouldn't be happy with any of the onboard graphics of an Ivy Bridge bridge board and would get at least one graphics card anyway, especially if you want multiple monitors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #27
KKS21199

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #28
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KKS21199 View Post
And also does aus P9X79 contains wireless card in it or i should buy it alone

please proceed to this website,
Motherboard - Computer Parts

Can you say the difference between the 3 motherboards, P9X79, in the showed website, they have different prices so what are those differences
I am unaware of any Asus X79 boards that include an onboard IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) adapter.

The LGA2011 CPUs include no graphics capability.

As for sorting multiple motherboards for you, you're asking too much. An LGA2011 system will be a rather expensive system, and at some point you'd best educate yourself before making that sort of purchase. I doubt that anyone will do all of the work for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #29
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
...I am unaware of any Asus X79 boards that include an onboard IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) adapter...
The ASUS P9X79 Deluxe has both WiFi and Bluetooth. Good luck finding one, though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2013   #30
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
...I am unaware of any Asus X79 boards that include an onboard IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) adapter...
The ASUS P9X79 Deluxe has both WiFi and Bluetooth. Good luck finding one, though.
Right.

I didn't know that, though.

I think it's in stock here:

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE Socket 2011 Socket R ATX Motherboard Intel X79 Core i7 LGA2011 CPUs Quad DDR3 2400O.C. SATA III 6Gb/s PCI-E3.0 Dual Gigabit LAN Wi-Fi Bluetooth 3.0 eSATA III USB3.0 Quad-GPU CrossFireX 3-Way SLI-Best Computer Online Store - Buy with

Useful only to US customers, I fear.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Motherboard or Mainboard for i7 3930K(more things in description)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Explorer issues (no description in description column)
Description isn't populated for applications (exe's) in Windows Explorer (like Artist isn't populated for .m4a, where AudioShell is a workaround) http://i.imgur.com/6IRRpuD.png Any workaround?
General Discussion
BSOD on Asus P9x79 Deluxe 3930K Build for no particular reason.
Hello Fellow Computer Techies, Have been experiencing Random BSODs on my new 3930K build. Total of 5 BSODs in the last 2 months at no particular time. Have run Prime95 and Intel burn test for many hours at end of build with no BSODs. This is a brand new 64bit Win7 install. System is...
BSOD Help and Support
Which ram or memory to choose for i7 3930K
Hello, guys here are some products listed below, Intel Core i7 3930K Sapphire HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 Graphic Card/GPU Asus p9x79 motherboard CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler and 2 ssd + i 2tb hard drive what memory/ ram should use with the speed ?
Hardware & Devices
Over-clocked CPU temps 13c difference normal for 3930k air cooled?
I'm just curious if this temperature difference is normal for hexacores. Desktop screen shot is attached. Everything is still well below the 91c threshold. Just the wide temperature spread is of some concern. I recently cleaned and re-pasted the heat sink so I guess it's normal, I just want be be...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Which would you choose - Intel's i7 3820 or i7 3930k?
Greetings fellow forum members, I am seriously considering the purchase of a new pc. The cpu's that I will be choosing from are Intel's i7 3820 and i7 3930k. I am NOT a "gamer" however buying a pc that cannot play games isn't what I want to do. The i7 3930k would cost me an additional...
Performance & Maintenance
Will 3930k fit in a laptop?
Im trying to decide if i want to build a new desktop or buy a high end laptop to replace my desktop. Im drifting more toward a laptop since its portable but anyways I need a hex core cpu which i know is hard to find on a laptop but i was looking around and noticed intel released there 6 core sandy...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App