|31 Mar 2013||#1|
| || |
NETGEAR RangeMax NEXT WN311T Issue
So basically I purchased a new NETGEAR router (the NETGEAR R6300) as my Virgin Media Super Hub firewall is seriously degrading. They claim their firewall is exceptional and great against DDoS attacks, yet when such attacks hit the router, it completely destroys the DHCP/modem connectivity to Virgin Media's dedicated server... (cabinet at the end of my road)..it practically brutally murders it. So I had to constantly contact VMs Technical Support (150 on my landline) to ask them to send out another replacement router (as the current router from VM I have is the 5th replacement due to the attacks by the same person) they refused to do so. They just continued to claim that I don't know what a Distributed Denial of Service attack (or DDoS) is and that my router was being flooded by packets by means of "downloading".
Like, DAFUQ?! "Downloading"...what kind of idiot do they think I am? So anyway, I finish setting up my network with this new router, and because VMs Super Hub wouldn't allow me to change the dynamic IP, or the DNS for that matter, I setup my new router to use the OpenDNS DNS IPs, and am now on a different dynamic IP. Plus the router itself is spectacular! I can do so much more with it than I could with VMs craphub, and would certainly recommend it.
To the issue:
I have 2 adapters..a WN311T and WN311B. I had the WN311T in my PC and the Wireless functionality worked perfectly. But when I installed it on my dads computer (same OS, same CPU architecture. x64) when installing the software for the adapter on my fathers computer it just hangs and freezes up to the point where I must force restart it, and then when Windows is booted it would say that the device was unable to start... o.O I am using my WN311B for a Wireless connection (even though my PC is Ethernet connected) and because our Powerline adapter I had setup for my dads Ethernet connection was only giving him 2Mbps connection (speedtest confirmed) I uninstalled them (the adapters are 100Mbps) to find that when the WN311T adapter did work for an hour without an issue, his Internet browsing was 10x faster and speedtest did a good 60Mbps to 80Mbps (mine shows 105Mbps down).
Unfortunately the issue remains. I've tried to uninstall the software and reinstall but my dads PC just freezes up. The Wireless device works in Safe Mode with Networking but not in normal boot...
Any help would be much appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: NETGEAR RangeMax NEXT WN311T Issue|
|Issue with Netgear N300 wireless and dropping connection||Network & Sharing|
|NETGEAR WNDR3700 Wireless issue||Network & Sharing|
|Issue with Netgear RangeMax wireless USB adapter drivers||Drivers|
|NETGEAR Wireless USB Adapter Connectivity Issue.||Network & Sharing|
|NETGEAR RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues||Hardware & Devices|
|Netgear Wireless RangeMax N PCI driver||Drivers|
|netgear rangemax wireless n usb (v2) cant find network||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.