Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Ralink Wireless card

10 Oct 2009   #1
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 
Ralink Wireless card

Hey Guys

I have a problem with my Ralink wireless card. windows "says" its fine but it doesn't enable (on windows 7)

It might be a driver problem i'm not sure...

I have the latest driver for it too its a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Card chipset is 2561/RT61

if you know of any drivers that will work with windows 7 please post here and a link to the download so others like myself can fix this problem once and for all

Cheers all

Gamer1238


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Oct 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Hey Guys

I have a problem with my Ralink wireless card. windows "says" its fine but it doesn't enable (on windows 7)

It might be a driver problem i'm not sure...

I have the latest driver for it too its a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Card chipset is 2561/RT61

if you know of any drivers that will work with windows 7 please post here and a link to the download so others like myself can fix this problem once and for all

Cheers all

Gamer1238
Hey gamer

is the driver working in device manager ( it should be listed in networking and not have a yellow triangle on it)

What model does it say the ralink is in the device manager?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #3
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Hey Guys

I have a problem with my Ralink wireless card. windows "says" its fine but it doesn't enable (on windows 7)

It might be a driver problem i'm not sure...

I have the latest driver for it too its a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Card chipset is 2561/RT61

if you know of any drivers that will work with windows 7 please post here and a link to the download so others like myself can fix this problem once and for all

Cheers all

Gamer1238
Hey gamer

is the driver working in device manager ( it should be listed in networking and not have a yellow triangle on it)

What model does it say the ralink is in the device manager?
yeah the driver is working device manager says its fine

Model is RT61 turbo wireless lan (hope thats right)

date of driver is 3.0.1.0
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Oct 2009   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Hey Guys

I have a problem with my Ralink wireless card. windows "says" its fine but it doesn't enable (on windows 7)

It might be a driver problem i'm not sure...

I have the latest driver for it too its a Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Card chipset is 2561/RT61

if you know of any drivers that will work with windows 7 please post here and a link to the download so others like myself can fix this problem once and for all

Cheers all

Gamer1238
Hey gamer

is the driver working in device manager ( it should be listed in networking and not have a yellow triangle on it)

What model does it say the ralink is in the device manager?
yeah the driver is working device manager says its fine

Model is RT61 turbo wireless lan (hope thats right)

date of driver is 3.0.1.0
What do you mean by doesn't enable? tell us about your networking setup too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #5
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post

Hey gamer

is the driver working in device manager ( it should be listed in networking and not have a yellow triangle on it)

What model does it say the ralink is in the device manager?
yeah the driver is working device manager says its fine

Model is RT61 turbo wireless lan (hope thats right)

date of driver is 3.0.1.0
What do you mean by doesn't enable? tell us about your networking setup too
well i also have a Wire LAN cable plugged in. When i go to network and sharing center then go to changes adapter setting to enable it its grey for disconnected...
Now when i double click it to enable it it goes enabling then enabled but then still the icon is grey

hope that helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2009   #6
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 

Hey Guys got the wireless card to work i'll post or up the file i am using and i hope it helps someone else
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2009   #7
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 

here is the driver guys enjoy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #8
Littletom

Windows Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
here is the driver guys enjoy
Although this thread is marked problem solved, I wonder, as a mid-80 year-old non-techie, if I could take it a little further. The Windows 7 upgrade advisor tells me that I should save an upgraded driver for my RT 61 turbo wireless card and install it after installing Windows 7 (after upgrading from Vista). I cannot find anything on the Ralink Technology web site which helps me but I came across this thread which seems to mirror my problem.

Accordingly, I downloaded from the link Gamer 1238 kindly supplied and saved it. Am I right in thinking that I can now install Windows 7, then open and install the driver from the from the saved file and all will be well? Or can I install the driver now before replacing my Vista with Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #9
Gamer1238

Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit)
 
 
Hi LittleTom

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Littletom View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
here is the driver guys enjoy
Although this thread is marked problem solved, I wonder, as a mid-80 year-old non-techie, if I could take it a little further. The Windows 7 upgrade advisor tells me that I should save an upgraded driver for my RT 61 turbo wireless card and install it after installing Windows 7 (after upgrading from Vista). I cannot find anything on the Ralink Technology web site which helps me but I came across this thread which seems to mirror my problem.

Accordingly, I downloaded from the link Gamer 1238 kindly supplied and saved it. Am I right in thinking that I can now install Windows 7, then open and install the driver from the from the saved file and all will be well? Or can I install the driver now before replacing my Vista with Windows 7?
Hi Tom what i'd not install the file and just upgrade from Vista to Windows 7.... Now I haven't got the upgrade editon myself but I can still help you ...

So here we go...

Now your doing the Upgrade you DON'T want the upgrade to install updates just yet, there will be an option for you to say no for updating while windows 7 is upgrading, the reason is that there is a Driver for the wireless card we have and the update for it doesn't work for Windows 7.

I take it you would know how to do an upgrade???

If not let me know and I can search for a step by step guide to upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 for you...

Thanks for posting I'm always happy to help others out if needed thanks again for the post Littletom

From

Gamer1238
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #10
Littletom

Windows Vista
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gamer1238 View Post
Hi Tom what i'd not install the file and just upgrade from Vista to Windows 7.... Now I haven't got the upgrade editon myself but I can still help you ...

So here we go...

Now your doing the Upgrade you DON'T want the upgrade to install updates just yet, there will be an option for you to say no for updating while windows 7 is upgrading, the reason is that there is a Driver for the wireless card we have and the update for it doesn't work for Windows 7.

I take it you would know how to do an upgrade???

If not let me know and I can search for a step by step guide to upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 for you...

Thanks for posting I'm always happy to help others out if needed thanks again for the post Littletom

From

Gamer1238
Many thanks, Gamer. Yes I am clear on the upgrade process from Vista to Windows 7 and the new driver for the Ralink is the last thing before taking the plunge.

The advice from Windows is to find the new driver for the RT61 Wireless card, save it to a temp file, then after upgrading to W7, install the new driver. Are you saying that I should install the new driver now, before upgrading to W7? Or will the current driver work in the new OS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Ralink Wireless card




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Ralink RT61 wireless card just quit working... I'm stumped...
About a week ago I noticed that the icon that I normally click on in my taskbar to show what wireless network connections were available was gone - I tried the "Notification Area Icons" settings to try and get it back but that didn't work- it was set to show but it just was not doing so. (The card...
Drivers
Alternative to Ralink RT5390 half pci-e wireless card
I've used two different HP laptops in my living room with wireless signal strength varying from 3-4 bars. Just today I got another HP laptop with a Ralink card installed and this one is staying mostly at 2 bars, only occasionally up to 3. Nothing else has changed. The reasonably strong wireless...
Hardware & Devices
Ralink RT61 Wireless PCI Card shows Disconnected.
I have found the thread by "Gamer 1238" about Win7 X64 driver for my Wireless card. Its available in Device manager, however Windows shows its disconnected, though I have active Wireless available. I tried to search the wireless network manually, it fails. Its a new card, so its certain that it...
Network & Sharing
Ralink Wireless LAN Card V2 HELP!
ello. New Here. Alright, I have a Linksys WMP54G Wireless Adapter for my Desktop. I need to use to the Ralink Wireless LAN Card V2 so I do not get any issue with Lag in my Video Games. Problem is; these keep freezing up my Computer and I need to do a Hard Reset. Be it; Streaming a Movie,...
Network & Sharing
Ralink Wireless Card Disconnected Problem
Hi. I have Windows 7 32 bit, and Yesterday I formatted my computer. I reinstalled windows, to find that my wireless drivers were no longer working, and Says "Wireless Lan Card Disconnected" I tried removing the drivers and re installing them multiple times, to no avail. I then partitioned...
Network & Sharing
Driver for Ralink Wireless LAN Card on HP pavilion M9350F
For some reason, Windows 7 does not find any adapters on my computer. I have heard that Netgear does not support Windows 7 yet, (Aren't vista drivers supposed to work on Windows 7 anyway? I have a WPN111 adapter) so I'm using a built in pci-e Ralink for my adapter that came with my comp. I...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App