Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows7 was installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv5 but does not boot


21 May 2013   #1

windows7
 
 
windows7 was installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv5 but does not boot

Hello ,
i have a laptop hp pavilion dv5 with windows 7 installed and was working fine but yesterday it stopped booting and the messege displayed "press escape to enter bios setup" when the Escape button is pressed it stays there no further activity no matter how long i wait , i have tried all other buttons f1, f2 , f9 ,f12 but it displays the messege and stops , please let me know how to solve this issue, no any option working , any solution to htis would be very helpful.
Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 May 2013   #2

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Hello and welcome syed mate power on and tap F10 it should bring up the BIOS go to Boot and set the had drive to first boot device then go to Save and exit and > Enter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2013   #3

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hi there ... Read the link below

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 May 2013   #4

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Hi there ... Read the link below

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
Yep these are ok maxie I am just wondering if if the hard drive is still ok or not hence check the BIOS and I am also thinking maybe some malware
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #5

windows7
 
 

Hello,
Thanks for tips but the problem i am facing is that ,
the system does not enter BIOS or any other option , i have tried the F10 key but it displays the messege and freezes , this is the main problem every time i restart and press the setup key (from F1,F2,F9.F10.F12) messesge is displayed but no further activity by system THE SYSTEM FREEZES).
Would anybody point to the main problem.

I had removed the HDD and tried to enter the bios setup even then system does enter bios only messesge is displayed " ESc....pause startup"
if f10 is pressed the messesge displayed "F10....bios setup options" system freezes.and stays in the same state.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #6

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by syed1 View Post
Hello,
Thanks for tips but the problem i am facing is that ,
the system does not enter BIOS or any other option , i have tried the F10 key but it displays the messege and freezes , this is the main problem every time i restart and press the setup key (from F1,F2,F9.F10.F12) messesge is displayed but no further activity by system THE SYSTEM FREEZES).
Would anybody point to the main problem.

I had removed the HDD and tried to enter the bios setup even then system does enter bios only messesge is displayed " ESc....pause startup"
if f10 is pressed the messesge displayed "F10....bios setup options" system freezes.and stays in the same state.
Now it sounds like you are letting this thing get to you my friend have you tried contacting HP support? because to me the machine sounds very much like it is in quite a muddle.

Just out of curiosity have you dropped it, spilt liquids on it. exposed it to rather high temps (like in a car) recently.

Just as a thought try it with the battery removed and see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #7

W7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Also remove the DVD drive.

If its dicey, it will stop the boot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #8

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8.1 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pscowboy View Post
Also remove the DVD drive.

If its dicey, it will stop the boot.
Good point as this will stop the machine finding something thatmay be faulty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows7 was installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv5 but does not boot




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: windows7 was installed in my laptop hp pavilion dv5 but does not boot
Thread Forum
Laptop Won't boot and Acces BIOS after crashed Windows7 Update Hardware & Devices
laptop wont boot with ssd and hdd installed after os swap Hardware & Devices
HP Pavilion DV6 laptop, programs not responding every now and then General Discussion
HP Pavilion dv7 laptop won't start up? BSOD Help and Support
HP Pavilion laptop screen is messed up Hardware & Devices
help i need driver hp pavilion dv4000 windows7 Drivers
Hp Pavilion dv4-1222nr Laptop Speakers Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33