Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: tv tuner not working

15 Oct 2009   #1

windows 7
 
 
tv tuner not working

every time i run windows i get two drivers with a yellow exclamination mark beside it.

Conexant does not help you at all on their website, and HP does not help at all because i have windows 7 not their 5 year old windows MCE

The two drivers i need are
Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder (Dual-Input)
Conexant 23800 Video Capture (Blackbird NTSC Dual-Input)

each time i try to uninstall and reinstall them i get an error.

the software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the Hardware vendor for a new driver (Code 48)


This is weird because it worked fine on windows xp, but not windows 7 no drivers for it??? and if not how would i request them to get that driver??



Thank-you very much for the help.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Oct 2009   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

Hello Ryan, welcome to the SevenForums.

Please do not double post; you have this same (word by word) post on Graphic Cards. - Thread deleted by Dwarf.

Back to the topic: have you tried to install these drivers on compatibility mode choosing XP?

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #3

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post


Back to the topic: have you tried to install these drivers on compatibility mode choosing XP?

Kari
hey sorry about multi post, did not know where to post it...



what do you mean by compatibility mode chosing XP? I have tried to install that windows virtual PC, but it does not do anything since it is a driver, and i have the XP drivers installed, but that does not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Oct 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ryanfrohlich View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post


Back to the topic: have you tried to install these drivers on compatibility mode choosing XP?

Kari
hey sorry about multi post, did not know where to post it...



what do you mean by compatibility mode chosing XP? I have tried to install that windows virtual PC, but it does not do anything since it is a driver, and i have the XP drivers installed, but that does not work.
You make me now a little bit confused. Anyway, here we go:

If you have installed Windows Seven on a virtual machine running in Virtual PC, you can not install any graphics drivers. VPC runs on emulated environment using its own drivers.

Your computer is already a bit older. The drivers HP is offering are meant to be used in a XP system. To install these drivers on Windows 7 you first have to download them to your computer. Right click downloaded driver installation packet, choose Properties from menu. Click Compatibility tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for, choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

It might work.

Kari

Name:  xp_comp.PNG
Views: 880
Size:  34.9 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #5

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ryanfrohlich View Post
every time i run windows i get two drivers with a yellow exclamination mark beside it.

Conexant does not help you at all on their website, and HP does not help at all because i have windows 7 not their 5 year old windows MCE

The two drivers i need are
Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder (Dual-Input)
Conexant 23800 Video Capture (Blackbird NTSC Dual-Input)

each time i try to uninstall and reinstall them i get an error.

the software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the Hardware vendor for a new driver (Code 48)


This is weird because it worked fine on windows xp, but not windows 7 no drivers for it??? and if not how would i request them to get that driver??



Thank-you very much for the help.
do you know the brand and type of the TV tuner?

Conexant is the chip manufacturer, and their chips are used on several TV cards.

Greetings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #6

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SquonkSC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ryanfrohlich View Post
every time i run windows i get two drivers with a yellow exclamination mark beside it.

Conexant does not help you at all on their website, and HP does not help at all because i have windows 7 not their 5 year old windows MCE

The two drivers i need are
Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder (Dual-Input)
Conexant 23800 Video Capture (Blackbird NTSC Dual-Input)

each time i try to uninstall and reinstall them i get an error.

the software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the Hardware vendor for a new driver (Code 48)


This is weird because it worked fine on windows xp, but not windows 7 no drivers for it??? and if not how would i request them to get that driver??



Thank-you very much for the help.
do you know the brand and type of the TV tuner?

Conexant is the chip manufacturer, and their chips are used on several TV cards.

Greetings

It is an ASUS C1VA82 tv tuner card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #7

windows 7
 
 

[quote=Kari;310304]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ryanfrohlich View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post


Back to the topic: have you tried to install these drivers on compatibility mode choosing XP?

Kari

You make me now a little bit confused. Anyway, here we go:

If you have installed Windows Seven on a virtual machine running in Virtual PC, you can not install any graphics drivers. VPC runs on emulated environment using its own drivers.

Your computer is already a bit older. The drivers HP is offering are meant to be used in a XP system. To install these drivers on Windows 7 you first have to download them to your computer. Right click downloaded driver installation packet, choose Properties from menu. Click Compatibility tab, check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for, choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

It might work.

Kari

Attachment 31564

Thanks for that, i did try it and it did not work . but when i restart it says driver blocked due to incompatibility.

this driver is
CxVCap, Video Capture Driver


so that is a step closer maybe...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 tv tuner not working





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: tv tuner not working
Thread Forum
Tuner not available Media Center
JIL 0606 TV Tuner not working Hardware & Devices
TV Tuner, help please! Media Center
TV tuner not available Media Center
Dual TV Tuner cards or 2 STB boxes and 1 tuner card Media Center
Which TV tuner? Media Center
HP DVB-Ttv tuner Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33