Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Installing CPU watercooling

05 Jul 2013   #1
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Installing CPU watercooling

I have a AMD FX 8350 CPU, with a AM3+ socket. Would a Corsair water cooler work on this socket? They only listed up to AM3 socket would it fit, or work?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Jul 2013   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hiyya Razor I found this What is the difference between AM3 and AM3+ sockets - Cooling - Components

Plus wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer or Corsair for that matter.

There is this http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-k...pu-cooler.html

This one definitely states both sockets but pricey Thermaltake WATER2.0 Extreme CPU Cooler Review | Hardware Secrets

This too ENERMAX.CO.UK - ELC240

and Hydro Series

Bit cheaper and my dealer says fits both sockets Hydro Series

Depends what you ant the machine to do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #3
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

The AM3 and AM3+ sockets are near enough the same. AM3+ just has one more pin but the mounting is the same for both sockets. So yes any cooler that fits an AM3 socket will also fit an AM3+.
The Corsair cooler will fit. I use one myself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2013   #4
Faladu

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Box (64-bit installed) + Service Pack 1
 
 

I went from Phenom II X6 1090T to a AMD FX8350, one is AM3 other is AM3+ on the same motherboard so you should be just fine, for socketing toys.

I am not overclocking anything, but I have too much into this system $ and data wise, to even chance it for really no reason, got tons of power for today's fare on stock.

I do wonder why the 1090T and 1100T are not made anymore but the X4-965 is, very puzzling.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #5
bobafetthotmail

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

The cooling system mount points (the black bracket on the mobo) are the same on socket 939, AMD2, AMD2+ and AM3/AM3+. The CPU socket is different, of course, but the radiator does not care of this detail. (there is also the detail that AMD2 and newer cooler mounting brackets are designed to fit heavier radiators so they have more screws to the backplate, but it's irrelevant as long as you use old radiator on new mobo)

I managed to get pretty good deals by exploiting this detail to my advantage to save some serious $$$. A cooling system only cares about physical mount point and processor TDP (the heat it must dissipate) as long as both match, who cares if it is from 5+ years ago?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #6
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
The AM3 and AM3+ sockets are near enough the same. AM3+ just has one more pin but the mounting is the same for both sockets. So yes any cooler that fits an AM3 socket will also fit an AM3+.
The Corsair cooler will fit. I use one myself.
Thanks Ganjiry I went looking for the dimensions of both the socket and the heatsink to give Razor some idea of how this is going to match up with both the cooler plate heat sink and the fitting and to give a few more options on the cooler he could use to match his needs and the budget of course
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #7
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

The Corsair watercoolers are not that expensive, so I am thinking of ditching my Coolermaster Gemin II Heatsink for one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2013   #8
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
The Corsair watercoolers are not that expensive, so I am thinking of ditching my Coolermaster Gemin II Heatsink for one.
Good move Razor I like the Corsair stuff on the whole mine is a simple Intel LC at the moment but was thinking it could do with something tad more efficient.
I quite like this because of the short tubes http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2013   #9
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
The Corsair watercoolers are not that expensive, so I am thinking of ditching my Coolermaster Gemin II Heatsink for one.
Good move Razor I like the Corsair stuff on the whole mine is a simple Intel LC at the moment but was thinking it could do with something tad more efficient.
I quite like this because of the short tubes http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html
I'd stick with the Intel cooler. The 3570K doesn't put out enough heat to warrant that dual radiator...well, unless you are REALLY pushing it. I know for a fact the Intel unit does a damn good job.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2013   #10
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
The Corsair watercoolers are not that expensive, so I am thinking of ditching my Coolermaster Gemin II Heatsink for one.
Good move Razor I like the Corsair stuff on the whole mine is a simple Intel LC at the moment but was thinking it could do with something tad more efficient.
I quite like this because of the short tubes http://www.corsair.com/us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html
I'd stick with the Intel cooler. The 3570K doesn't put out enough heat to warrant that dual radiator...well, unless you are REALLY pushing it. I know for a fact the Intel unit does a damn good job.
Yep I agree KB just a n bit of daydreamig thrown in for good measure Maybe for my dual Haswell build eh?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Installing CPU watercooling




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
You said Captain AIO 240 Watercooling, i said What?
Again a nice AIO 240 watercooling with an amazing design, quite to satisfied some : Deepcool Captain 240
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Will these watercooling components work?
Hello, I am working on cooling my PC. I have given up on AIO coolers and wish to make my own, so now I'm asking if these components are compatible. OcUK Tech Lab - V8 Watercooling Kit 240 ^240mm radiator, comes with an XSPC Pump, Red Primochill Primoflex 16/11 tubing and 6X XSPC G1/4" to 7/16"...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
WaterCooling Plan (No AIO)
I started since few days my water cooling project based on the existing configuration of the AlphaCool NexXxoS Cool Answer 240 DDC/XT45 kit you can find on link. :geek: I picking up parts of this kit and changed some to others to suit better my needs, but will be close to that setup in scheme. ...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Is my watercooling set-up okay
had time on my hands so instead of wasting time i thought i would add a rad in my loop
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Watercooling or second graphics card?
Hi all, this is more of a "what would you do in my shoes type thing" i have an option now to get another gtx580 or to get watercooling system for my current gtx580. The watercooling system cosists out of a pump,pipes,regulator, 240 radiator and all the other esentials except the liquid,but thats...
Hardware & Devices
Watercooling
Hey, what parts of your pc can get watercooled????? I am new to it. How would you install this product??????
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App