Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Device Manager - Other Devices USB Controller driver not installed

12 Jul 2013   #11
Rockydog1947

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Great news. Within a couple hours ASrock tech got back to me with the solution. Apparently there are 2 controllers on this board, an Eltron and an Intel. Being an Intel based board I had installed only the Intel Controller. Installing the Eltron Controller solved the problem.

Ken


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Jul 2013   #12
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

That is great news Rocky ... I did know about the two USB controllers ... They can be seen clearly on the Motherboard site ... Thanks for posting back your solution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2013   #13
Rockydog1947

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Ok, so since I had missed the other usb controller, I went back to the motherboard specs to see if I had missed something else. The "Other" VGA controller that wasn't installed was the on board graphics Intel 4000. I didn't install it because I had selected PCIe graphics as I was using dual EVGA 560 TI Video cards. Well, this board utilizes both controllers and is controlled with a program called Lucid Virtu MVP.

The Lucid program turns out to not work as well as it claims so I removed it. But my initial problems were resolved so I am happy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jul 2013   #14
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Well done Rocky ... Now every thing is working perfectly I think you can mark this thread as solved now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2013   #15
Rockydog1947

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Last observation. I did a Macrium image backup of my operating system drive to a seagate usb 3.0 external drive at a sustained speed of 1.2 Gb/s. I'm happy now .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2013   #16
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockydog1947 View Post
Great news. Within a couple hours ASrock tech got back to me with the solution. Apparently there are 2 controllers on this board, an Eltron and an Intel. Being an Intel based board I had installed only the Intel Controller. Installing the Eltron Controller solved the problem.

Ken
Hum that was good show for them Ken I mentioned those in post #2 and 4 I should have been a bit more explicit in saying download both and you would have got the right one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2013   #17
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockydog1947 View Post
Great news. Within a couple hours ASrock tech got back to me with the solution. Apparently there are 2 controllers on this board, an Eltron and an Intel. Being an Intel based board I had installed only the Intel Controller. Installing the Eltron Controller solved the problem.

Ken
Hum that was good show for them Ken I mentioned those in post #2 and 4 I should have been a bit more explicit in saying download both and you would have got the right one
Yes excellent detection n your part ICit2lol .. I would Rep you but seems i have to spread it around
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2013   #18
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockydog1947 View Post
Great news. Within a couple hours ASrock tech got back to me with the solution. Apparently there are 2 controllers on this board, an Eltron and an Intel. Being an Intel based board I had installed only the Intel Controller. Installing the Eltron Controller solved the problem.

Ken
Hum that was good show for them Ken I mentioned those in post #2 and 4 I should have been a bit more explicit in saying download both and you would have got the right one
Yes excellent detection n your part ICit2lol .. I would Rep you but seems i have to spread it around
No probs Max I am just pleased wit the thanks to be honest rep is just a by the by thing to me - however what does annoy the heck out of me are those who ask for it - there is no need for it in my mind smacks of narcissism.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Device Manager - Other Devices USB Controller driver not installed




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Driver not found for unknown 'ethernet controller' in device manager.
My system speccy's should be in my profile bit, please let me know if you need more information. Thanks :)
Drivers
Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager
Hi! I have two USB audio devices that I cannot seem to properly install drivers for. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & KORG MicroKONTROL I am in communication with both product tech support teams but so far they have not offered a successful solution. As the same issue is occurring with multiple...
Hardware & Devices
Device Manager - Other Devices - Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
There is a yellow triangle next to this device. When I ask Windows to install or update the driver, it reponds with "Windows could not find driver software for your device. ..." When I right click on the device and then click Properties / Hardware IDs this is what I see ...
Drivers
PCI device, SM Bus Controller and two unknown devices not downloaded
Hello, whenever I go onto device manager and then into "other devices" there are 4 devices that havent had a driver downloaded. The PCI device, the SM bus Controller and two "unknown" devices. What should I do? Please tell me if you need more information about my computer, ill be happy to provide.
Drivers
Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices
I have a Toshiba laptop, model L505-ES5018. I had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed on here, but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. After the reformat was finished, I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me. I noticed...
Drivers
Device Manager, Other Devices, "Mass Storage Controller"
Today I fixed a Graphics Card Driver issue (with the help of a thread here on this site) Now I just have one exclamation mark left in Device Manager on my laptop. Full details of my set up is in my profile, but in short: Acer Aspire 8935g Win 7 Home Premium 64bit The "Mass Storage...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App