Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Monitor wrong one ?? windows 7 home 64 bit

02 Aug 2013   #1
kiltylyn

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Monitor wrong one ?? windows 7 home 64 bit





have just installed clean install of windows 7 dell studio 1749 with help from here. Anyone any idea what the PNP monitor is, should it not be Linda PC?? I will post my score in the correct thread. cant i just unistal it and then laptop will use linda's pc?
thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Aug 2013   #2
Juub

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Have you tried updating the drivers from the Device Manager? Also, did you install the latest GPU drivers available?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #3
kiltylyn

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

yes downloaded all drivers on CD, even uploads from dell , however cant load certain drivers ,graphics driver , storage driver , Intel graphics media accelerator , Intel management on that PNP monitor , its causing me all sorts of probs, im on a 17 inch laptop and resolution all wrong, i even uninstalled the VGA adapter and rebooted however it just reinstall when powered up. major issues here and dont have the answer :0(
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2013   #4
Juub

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kiltylyn View Post
yes downloaded all drivers on CD, even uploads from dell , however cant load certain drivers ,graphics driver , storage driver , Intel graphics media accelerator , Intel management on that PNP monitor , its causing me all sorts of probs, im on a 17 inch laptop and resolution all wrong, i even uninstalled the VGA adapter and rebooted however it just reinstall when powered up. major issues here and dont have the answer :0(
The fact you can't even install the graphics drivers might be related to the problem. Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? If all these things aren't working properly, I'd advise making sure your BIOS is up to date. I recently couldn't install any drivers on my computer and once I updated the BIOS to the latest version, everything worked perfectly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #5
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hi Linda What has happened thought all was working well ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #6
kiltylyn

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

hiya maxie
it all went wrong again :0( once i began to load my things back on it, i discovered there were two monitors in device and printers, then as i started to install things that's when the problems started, i think now that what JUUB is saying i need to reinstall yet again grrrr lol and use the BIOS on dell website rather than the one on cd as its an updated version, what do you think ?? Ive to log off for now but will be back on later, just not to sure what to do, will leave this post for a wee while just incase there are more posts. the laptop is 3 years old but i did see on dell site that there are a few updated drivers. Its that PNP monitor that is causing me the probs, cant load a few of the drivers because of it, catch you later :0)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #7
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hey Linda Do not touch the BIOS .. Maybe you have a restore point ? First ting to do is disconnect the Monitor and get the Laptop up and running again .. Have you ran Windows updates yet ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #8
Juub

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kiltylyn View Post
hiya maxie
it all went wrong again :0( once i began to load my things back on it, i discovered there were two monitors in device and printers, then as i started to install things that's when the problems started, i think now that what JUUB is saying i need to reinstall yet again grrrr lol and use the BIOS on dell website rather than the one on cd as its an updated version, what do you think ?? Ive to log off for now but will be back on later, just not to sure what to do, will leave this post for a wee while just incase there are more posts. the laptop is 3 years old but i did see on dell site that there are a few updated drivers. Its that PNP monitor that is causing me the probs, cant load a few of the drivers because of it, catch you later :0)
If your lappy is 3 years old, odds are the drivers are at least 3 years old as well. There may be some updated BIOS on the manufacturer's website. Update your BIOS to the latest version and keep us posted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #9
Juub

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Hey Linda Do not touch the BIOS .. Maybe you have a restore point ? First ting to do is disconnect the Monitor and get the Laptop up and running again .. Have you ran Windows updates yet ?
You think it'd be a bad idea to update it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #10
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Juub View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Hey Linda Do not touch the BIOS .. Maybe you have a restore point ? First ting to do is disconnect the Monitor and get the Laptop up and running again .. Have you ran Windows updates yet ?
You think it'd be a bad idea to update it?
Yes i do this Ladys Laptop was working perfectly last night after having the same problems .. Plus IMO a BIOS update is only a last resort
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Monitor wrong one ?? windows 7 home 64 bit




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Home Premium - Dual Monitor Set up
I am trying to set up Dual Monitors on Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System but I having problems. My Desktop Computer is Dell Inspiron 570. Per instructions from Dell Technical Support, I installed an USB-Powered VGA Splitter. Per the User Guide instructions, I went to the Screen...
Graphic Cards
Windows setting wrong monitor as No.1 Monitor.
So this is my problem, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 pro the other day, and when I was installing all my old software I was going to record with OBS (stream software) but my monitors seem to be mixed around and OBS is only going to record programs No.1 not No.2 Here are screen shots. ...
Hardware & Devices
Dual monitor setup - fullscreen goes on wrong monitor
First of all, hello! And thanks for your time! I am running a dual monitor setup with my TV hooked up via HDMI to my laptop. Everything was working fine before, I always had the laptop as my main display yet I could play a video or a game fullscreen on the TV. Since a couple of days, as...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit reinstall. Saved to wrong partition.
Hi. I reinstalled Windows 7 from the original operating disk. I saved everything to the Recovery partition (I didn't know any better). After installation, I tried to add software to my laptop but it said I didn't have enough space! I reinstalled Windows 7 again, this time saving it to C:....
Installation & Setup
wrong primary monitor in dual monitor setup
Have a large screen tv on wall connected with HDMI to computer. Have a Samsung monitor on my desktop. Cannot make the desktop my primary monitor no matter what I do. (although have had this working before). We had a break-in and monitor was stolen. So replaced with new but cannot make it...
General Discussion
Wrong driver for my LG monitor ~ windows default
Dear friend, I am having some problems getting the correct driver for my LG Flatron W2243S monitor. I keep getting the windows php default monitor driver 6.1.7600.16385 (C\windows\system32\drivers\monitor.sys) instead of the correct LG driver 1.1.0.0 (somewhere in my programme files). I know...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App