Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is it true about H & Z series chipsets?

05 Aug 2013   #11
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
OK. If you have a 4570K already, why not get the full potential with a Z87 motherboard?
He kind of put that in the first post Kelly, they are limited availability where he is and almost double the price.

I guess it's a budget thing, but then maybe it would have been better to go for a non K series CPU.
The ASrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance supports overclocking and it costed me $150
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal...20Performance/

also lets jump to the real question!... ocing cpu is a different thing.. right now i have plan to get a Geforce GTX 760 and i wanna know is that theory of performance difference of Single GPU on a H or Z series chipset is true or false?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Aug 2013   #12
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I stand by what I said, the theory is false.

The 760 will perform exactly the same on the H series board you have bought as it would on a Z series.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2013   #13
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I agree with Paul and Kelly. The performance should be exactly the same. As for overclocking it, I am sure you could. But, as a practical mayyer, there is no reason you should need to. I have a GTX 670 and have yet to find a game that it won't play on highest settings, with ease. Your GPU should be stronger than mine. The only reason to OC it, would be for a benchmark. Ask Paul about that, he is the Benchmark King.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Aug 2013   #14
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

The only way you would see any more performance with a Z series board would be if you OC'd the processor and got a few more frames per second in a game...but that would solely be because of the CPU, not the GPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2013   #15
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
OK. If you have a 4570K already, why not get the full potential with a Z87 motherboard?
He kind of put that in the first post Kelly, they are limited availability where he is and almost double the price.

I guess it's a budget thing, but then maybe it would have been better to go for a non K series CPU.
The ASrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance supports overclocking and it costed me $150
ASRock > Fatal1ty H87 Performance

also lets jump to the real question!... ocing cpu is a different thing.. right now i have plan to get a Geforce GTX 760 and i wanna know is that theory of performance difference of Single GPU on a H or Z series chipset is true or false?
That's a decent board for the money I mean how much are you going to oc ?

Asrock extreme4 Z87 is the same price pretty soon I am going to grab a I7 4770k and that board and just re do with what I have here on my current set up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #16
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I stand by what I said, the theory is false.

The 760 will perform exactly the same on the H series board you have bought as it would on a Z series.
Thanks alot for helping me Paul now i have a answer to give to my friend who is thinking absolutely wrong! I will tell him it's not like what he thinks.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I agree with Paul and Kelly. The performance should be exactly the same. As for overclocking it, I am sure you could. But, as a practical mayyer, there is no reason you should need to. I have a GTX 670 and have yet to find a game that it won't play on highest settings, with ease. Your GPU should be stronger than mine. The only reason to OC it, would be for a benchmark. Ask Paul about that, he is the Benchmark King.
Thanks alot Steve for the great info i'll definitely be in touch with paul when it comes to OCing.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
The only way you would see any more performance with a Z series board would be if you OC'd the processor and got a few more frames per second in a game...but that would solely be because of the CPU, not the GPU.
Thank you Kelly i totally agree with you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
That's a decent board for the money I mean how much are you going to oc ?

Asrock extreme4 Z87 is the same price pretty soon I am going to grab a I7 4770k and that board and just re do with what I have here on my current set up
Yup it's a good board Tommy well for now i think i'll be pushing it over 4.2GHz something on air...

Too bad in my country prices don't go down until the stock lasts.. the Z87 are starting from $220 here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #17
Victor S

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Don't forget to tell your pal "Nananananana." Make sure he pays up on the beer too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2013   #18
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

LOL will do :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is it true about H & Z series chipsets?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Upgrading MOBO and CPU with different chipsets
Current PC info: Windows 7 OS; AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz; MSI K9A2GM-FIH; 6 GB ram; 750 PS, MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti; and a 500 GB HD. This, of course, runs on an AMD chipset. I am upgrading my system with MB MSI|Z87M GAMING MATX R; CPU INTEL|CORE I5 4590 3.3G 6M R; and...
Installation & Setup
AMD CHipsets and CPU's
so when do u guys think AMD will come out with their new CPU's and chipsets? anyone think its worth an upgrade from current stuff?
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Running SLi on AMD CHIPSETS!!! MUST READ!
HI! Today I received sadly an unsatisfying answer, but it's not the replyers fault!! Thank you stormy13 for the assistance you've provided me with, but this is where I have to prove you wrong. Running SLi on AMD boards IS possible. With a Patch of course. ...
Graphic Cards
Can Chipsets Upgrade To GC?
Hi all. I wanted to know if it can be changed. My system specs are located below. I have a feeling it can't but can Grapics Chipsets get changed into Graphics cards? Thanks!! :D
Graphic Cards
Upgrading Chipsets
Hello, I have just upgraded to windows 7 home premium, and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the best intel chipset for laptop would be. I currentl have the 945 express chipset. Is there a better one??
Drivers
MSI Intel INF Drivers for 3/4/5 Chipsets
Just wondering if I need to download and install these INF files that are an update for my MSI Mo Bo? It says this: Intel INF Drivers for 3/4/5 Chipsets Description: Xp/Vista/Win7 Version: 9.1.1.1019 Update Date: 2009-09-11 Your System OS: Windows 7 32/64bit (294KB) If so, where would...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App