Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: One of my USB port is not working,,Dell studio 1558

09 Aug 2013   #1

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
One of my USB port is not working,,Dell studio 1558

Hi guys
I just have an issue about one of my USB port connection, It used to be working but for a sudden it stopped working.. i tried many way but no luck, it is Dell studio 1558, the other 2 USB ports are working fine, only the one which is on the other side of the motherboard.. recently i have installed new cooling system (fan and heat sink) and i do not think i had done anything that might disable this port, and this port is attached to the motherboard so nothing could have been done to disable it...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Aug 2013   #2

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuflia View Post
Hi guys
I just have an issue about one of my USB port connection, It used to be working but for a sudden it stopped working.. i tried many way but no luck, it is Dell studio 1558, the other 2 USB ports are working fine, only the one which is on the other side of the motherboard.. recently i have installed new cooling system (fan and heat sink) and i do not think i had done anything that might disable this port, and this port is attached to the motherboard so nothing could have been done to disable it...
Hi nuflia,

Please check this link below which would helpful in resolving this issue:

http://dell.to/11xP5AG

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2013   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Thanks Sandeep,, You are helpful, I will try the dell link and see what happens
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Aug 2013   #4

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuflia View Post
Thanks Sandeep,, You are helpful, I will try the dell link and see what happens
Hi nuflia,

Please perform the steps at your convenience and let us know the results of the same. Glad to be of assistance to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Thanks mate
the problem Dell does not offer any support , and the link provided has a little help, and when i used the diagnostic tools it shows no problem and all my USB and hubs are working well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #6

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuflia View Post
Thanks mate
the problem Dell does not offer any support , and the link provided has a little help, and when i used the diagnostic tools it shows no problem and all my USB and hubs are working well.
Hi nuflia,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. And please don't worry as we offer support to all our customers and regarding the part replacement if required it is bound by the terms of warranty that you have with us.

Please let us know which USB port on the system is not working. And when you connect a keyboard, mouse or external drive do you receive the power in the devices.

Also try updating Chipset and BIOS from the links mentioned below:

BIOS

Chipset

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Thanks Sandeep,,
i updated my chip set... unfortunately the bios is not update as the version is current up to date, and the dell has not released any new update...
I updated my system information,,, I guess the problem is with my USB port connection that is why it's not recognized by the Motherboard which considers no fault with the port...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #8

Win8/8.1,Win7-U64, Vista U64, uncounted Linux distor's
 
 

Dell USB and power ports are known to wear out. Look for a replacement on evil bay. PITA to replace but there are several very good sites that walk you through the process.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2013   #9

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nuflia View Post
Thanks Sandeep,,
i updated my chip set... unfortunately the bios is not update as the version is current up to date, and the dell has not released any new update...
I updated my system information,,, I guess the problem is with my USB port connection that is why it's not recognized by the Motherboard which considers no fault with the port...
Hi nuflia,

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know which side of the system is this faulty USB port located. So that I can check if the USB port is on a daughter board or the motherboard.

If the system is under warranty then please contact me through a private message and provide me with your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

And, if the system is out of warranty then you contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2013   #10

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

my system is out the warranty, the USB port is on the right side , it is next to the power supply port..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 One of my USB port is not working,,Dell studio 1558




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: One of my USB port is not working,,Dell studio 1558
Thread Forum
Wireless working SLOW on dell studio 1558 Network & Sharing
BSOD often, on my dell studio 1558, bccode fe, when i do something BSOD Help and Support
BSOD On Dell Studio 1558 Laptop BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Dell Studio 1558 BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Dell Studio 15 1558 BSOD Help and Support
Dell Studio 1558 - Random reboots BSOD Help and Support
Dell Studio 1558 - BSOD once per day BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33