Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: (Dell Inspiron) No bootable device

23 Aug 2013   #11
CosmicJest

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Its great to hear that after BIOS update system seems to be working fine. Please check the system at your convenience and let us know the results.
Because of the intermittent nature of this problem (occurring perhaps 10 times over the past three months), whether or not it is resolved is still unknown. I will post back as noted above. Thank you again, for the diagnostic links you provided.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Aug 2013   #12
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicJest View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Its great to hear that after BIOS update system seems to be working fine. Please check the system at your convenience and let us know the results.
Because of the intermittent nature of this problem (occurring perhaps 10 times over the past three months), whether or not it is resolved is still unknown. I will post back as noted above. Thank you again, for the diagnostic links you provided.
Hi CosmicJest,

Please check the system at your convenience and if you face any issues with the system then feel free to reach out to us.

If you have any other queries as well, please feel free to contact us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #13
CosmicJest

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

I have had another hard crash. I had closed the computer for a short time, and when I re-opened the lid, I was met with the dreaded black screen. After the patent information came these messages:
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series V1.25 (4/19/11)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE Rom.
No boot device found. Press any key to reboot the machine.
Note that pressing "any key" did NOT reboot the machine. I had to shut down and fresh boot, which brought me to an Error Recovery screen with safe mode boot options.

I did boot into safe mode and looked in the Event Viewer Windows Logs, where I found several entries which might possibly prove useful in understanding what's happening here. I saved the entries as an .evtx file, but the forum won't all it to be uploaded. Not sure how to easily provide the information contained in these events...or even if they will be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Aug 2013   #14
redfang337

Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" x32
 
 

Follow this guide on System recovery options and Startup repair, you will need to burn a Windows 7 Pro 64bit Windows 7 ISO for your computer looking at your specs. not only use the top default option, but run FixMBR and chkdsk in the command prompt option in order. Also, If this does not fix your problem, look into this guide >> >> Windows Seven Failure to Start and follolw all possible steps, PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS, do not just skip a step because you don't understand it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #15
CosmicJest

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Hi redfang, I've created the system recovery disk and ran Startup repair (3 times, per the link instructions). If found no problems. I then ran chkdsk from a DOS prompt with also no problems. I could not get FixMBR to run. Before I proceed to your last instruction, can you help me get FixMBR to run please?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #16
redfang337

Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" x32
 
 

yessir, what do you need help with?
flickering screen & spotty Start menu --I saw this, i recommend running SFC Scannow also
Read this also, it'll help with FixMBR Also, I'm sure there's a tutorial here about bootrec.exe somewhere, if now, I'll look into it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2013   #17
CosmicJest

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

I ran SFC scannow from the system repair disk, but it didn't find/do anything. FixMBR & bootrec.exe both say they're not recognized as an internal or external command, operable command, or batch file.

For the record, I would note that these problems have been occurring almost from Day 1 (if I haven't already said that), and that I do have MBAM Pro installed (one of my long-time trusted tools), and do not feel there is an infection problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2013   #18
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicJest View Post
I ran SFC scannow from the system repair disk, but it didn't find/do anything. FixMBR & bootrec.exe both say they're not recognized as an internal or external command, operable command, or batch file.

For the record, I would note that these problems have been occurring almost from Day 1 (if I haven't already said that), and that I do have MBAM Pro installed (one of my long-time trusted tools), and do not feel there is an infection problem.
Hi CosmicJest,

Please check the system BIOS and let me know if the hard-drive is been detected on the system. If it is detected fine then run the diagnostics on the system posted in earlier post by me.

If it is not detected then you should swap the sata cables with the DVD drive by following the manual at the link below:

Manual for Optiplex 980

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2013   #19
CosmicJest

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Please check the system BIOS and let me know if the hard-drive is been detected on the system. If it is detected fine then run the diagnostics on the system posted in earlier post by me.

If it is not detected then you should swap the sata cables with the DVD drive by following the manual at the link below:

Manual for Optiplex 980

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
I checked the BIOS by rebooting and hitting F2 until Setup came up. Here are the results:
Fixed HDD was present and identified
SATA ODD was PLDs DVD
mSATA Device was [not detected]
I ran the diagnostics you requested as previously stated on page 1 of this thread.

I'm not sure how the Optiplex 980 (mini tower) manual would help me swap any cables on my
Inspiron (laptop), but I guess that doesn't matter since the HDD was detected by BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2013   #20
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicJest View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Please check the system BIOS and let me know if the hard-drive is been detected on the system. If it is detected fine then run the diagnostics on the system posted in earlier post by me.

If it is not detected then you should swap the sata cables with the DVD drive by following the manual at the link below:

Manual for Optiplex 980

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
I checked the BIOS by rebooting and hitting F2 until Setup came up. Here are the results:
Fixed HDD was present and identified
SATA ODD was PLDs DVD
mSATA Device was [not detected]
I ran the diagnostics you requested as previously stated on page 1 of this thread.

I'm not sure how the Optiplex 980 (mini tower) manual would help me swap any cables on my
Inspiron (laptop), but I guess that doesn't matter since the HDD was detected by BIOS.
Hi CosmicJest,

Apologies for providing incorrect manual link in the earlier post. This is the reason we always advise users to update the correct system information.

Your system information mentioned that you have Optiplex 980 and that is the reason I mentioned the same.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Also, let me know did the system shipped with MSATA drive which you might be using as a cache device under ISRT( Intel Smart Response Technology).

And have tried clean installing windows on the system as I believe you have exhausted most of the options under:Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 (Dell Inspiron) No bootable device




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No bootable device found-please enter a new boot device
Hi guys, im new here and i wish you can help me cuz im really stucked. I have a toshiba satellite L350, and it cant boot. Firstly there was just a blue screen and then it switched to a blaack screen and says no bootable device, please enter e now boot device. I knew my HDD was gone beause he...
Hardware & Devices
DW 1525 Adapter Device Not Found - Dell Inspiron 570 desktop
This W7 desktop has been working with an ethernet cable for years, but we just recently changed things around in our house and it's no longer in the room with the modem and router. 'No problem', I tell the wife, 'this is Windows 7, and on this OS even the desktops have built in wireless...
Drivers
Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?
Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore...
Backup and Restore
Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem. I had Vista running on my Inspiron 1520 Laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 7, ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card. The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless 1390...
Drivers
Dell inspiron 1564 !
I have just bought Dell Inspiron 1564 and just reinstall operating system (windows 7 HP 64bit) , all drivers is cool except PCI Simple Communications Controller , i tried any solution but useless, I tried to reinstall driver but it notice like this pic below :sarc:, any help is appreciated...
Drivers
I'm getting a new Dell Inspiron 15, will it run well?
I'm gonna order a Dell Inspiron 15 this Monday, Are these specs ok? Ok it has 4gb of ram ddr2, it has an intel pentium dual core processor, Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD Graphics Card. And also I'm choosing vista home premium 64bit will it run fine?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App