Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Unexpected reboot and remains looping

03 Sep 2013   #1
zocom779

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 
Unexpected reboot and remains looping

Hi Friends,
I have serious trouble with my system. My PC without warning just restarts and continues to restart just when the windows 7 logo appears. This happens in a continuous loop.
But, If i disconnect the Power supply and let it remain for a while the problem is solved. but, then again after a while the problem reoccurs.
Recently i discovered that by removing and reinserting the RAM Module, the problem is instantly solved.
I have no idea what is causing the problem. weather it's software related issue or Power supply (SMPS) or RAM.
Please help me with your valuable suggestion.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Sep 2013   #2
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zocom779 View Post
Hi Friends,
I have serious trouble with my system. My PC without warning just restarts and continues to restart just when the windows 7 logo appears. This happens in a continuous loop.
But, If i disconnect the Power supply and let it remain for a while the problem is solved. but, then again after a while the problem reoccurs.
Recently i discovered that by removing and reinserting the RAM Module, the problem is instantly solved.
I have no idea what is causing the problem. weather it's software related issue or Power supply (SMPS) or RAM.
Please help me with your valuable suggestion.
Hi zocom779,

Unexpected shutdown of the system can be caused due to various reason it could be overheating in the system.

Have you checked the heat temperatures in the system and does all the fans are working on the system.

Please make sure that you clear all the vents and ensure there is no dirt blocking the system.

Also, check with one memory at each time on the system to check if one of the memory is causing this fault on the system.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #3
zocom779

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Hi Sandeep,
I checked my processor temperature but it remains under 55 c and the fans are working properly with good ventilation.
I even checked the Power supply output of SMPS using a multimeter, it checks right.

But like you said i doubt there is prob with RAM, only one module seems to show the problem while the other doesn't.

Now for the past two days the system doesn't show any prob and it works perfectly. but in the past i have been fooled, all of a sudden the system reboots unexpectedly in a loop.
Now, please tell me what kind of problem it could be and how to solve it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Sep 2013   #4
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zocom779 View Post
Hi Sandeep,
I checked my processor temperature but it remains under 55 c and the fans are working properly with good ventilation.
I even checked the Power supply output of SMPS using a multimeter, it checks right.

But like you said i doubt there is prob with RAM, only one module seems to show the problem while the other doesn't.

Now for the past two days the system doesn't show any prob and it works perfectly. but in the past i have been fooled, all of a sudden the system reboots unexpectedly in a loop.
Now, please tell me what kind of problem it could be and how to solve it.
Hi zocom779,

If you doubt this issue is caused due to RAM then check the system with one of the modules connected and then check the system for sometime.

If it works fine with one of the module disconnected then you have found the point of failure. Now connect the other RAM module only to confirm that fault is with RAM only.

Once you have isolated the same then you should replace it to resolve this issue. Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2013   #5
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

If you want to prove/discount RAM run MemTest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2013   #6
zocom779

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Hi Sandeep you were right, one RAM seems to show the problem.

I even tried running the MEM Test, but while test was ongoing the system restarted. It was never completed.

I believe it's the symptoms of a failing RAM. Is there any option besides replacing them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2013   #7
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zocom779 View Post
Hi Sandeep you were right, one RAM seems to show the problem.

I even tried running the MEM Test, but while test was ongoing the system restarted. It was never completed.

I believe it's the symptoms of a failing RAM. Is there any option besides replacing them.
Hi zocom779,

Its great to hear that you are able to isolate the cause of the system restarting. However, it is not complete yet.

Please let me know how many modules or RAM that you have on the system and how many slots for installing RAM are there on your system.

As we still need to isolate if it the caused due to the faulty RAM or the slot. Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unexpected reboot and remains looping




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows 7 looping
Hi I have a problem after this months updates after a restart the computer was in a constant loop I had to use my backup to get back to normal windows ..Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Windows Updates & Activation
unexpected shutdown windows 7 - automatic reboot no info
I'm really lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated I attached my zip
BSOD Help and Support
Unexpected shutdown and reboot
Hi I am having a strange issue and hard to diagnose the cause. I would use the pc and sometimes it would randomly shutdown unexpectedly then the pc would turn back on. This issue happens randomly and not often but randomly it would occur.
BSOD Help and Support
Restart looping
Hello, I am brand new & not a real computer geek. I can normally follow instructions. But, I did not know how to get the report that is ask for in the Posting Instructions. Sorry I failed. I will try to be as clear as possible with what I have done or any info you need. Windows 7 32 bit Full...
BSOD Help and Support
Acer upgrade failure - looping reboot
I bought my Acer Aspire 6930G in July, which made me eligible for Acer's free upgrade to windows 7 upon release. It arrived today so I backed up my Vista files (Vista Home Premium 64-bit) and put in the first acer disk (as instructed) Everything went well until it said completing install. At...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App