Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: WD Passport HD - Failed to recognize, Disk Not Initilized error

26 Sep 2013   #11
StarCaptain

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Sorry guys,

Was busy with work, will try out as said here and will get back.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Sep 2013   #12
StarCaptain

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

I have re-installed drivers, but this time strangly I am hearing some beep sounds from HDD. What could went wrong?

Tried with steps above, but still no luck. Did i lost partition? Why always it is displaying 0kb.


Attached Thumbnails
WD Passport HD - Failed to recognize, Disk Not Initilized error-lostpartition.png  
Attached Images
WD Passport HD - Failed to recognize, Disk Not Initilized error-diskpart.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2013   #13
Teerex

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Did you attach this disk to a hub or directly to a port on your computer? Maybe it is not receiving enough power through the USB port to work properly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Sep 2013   #14
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

You need to follow the instructions.
You did not do:
>create partition primary

Teerex also raises a valid point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2013   #15
StarCaptain

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Teerex,

I tried plugging to all available USB ports on my laptop. Why am hearing a beep sound? Should I change USB cable?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2013   #16
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Why have you not followed mjf's instructions on diskpart in post #6?

Instead you are doing something on your own like MiniTool Power Data Recovery etc. That way its going to be difficult for any one to continue the help.

What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to recover data or do you want to format the external drive?

You also said that you reinstalled the drivers. But didn't say what drivers.

Did you try installing the SES drivers as mentioned in mjf's post #6? Or was it just the routine drivers that Windows installs?

When specific instructions are given, you must follow them and report the results. Now if you ignore them and follow your own strategy aimlessly there is absolutely no need to ask for help here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2013   #17
Teerex

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StarCaptain View Post
Teerex,

I tried plugging to all available USB ports on my laptop. Why am hearing a beep sound? Should I change USB cable?
It would be wise to try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2013   #18
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

OP,
Are you reading our suggestions? I suggested the cable replace option back in post 4. You appear to go off on tangents and I am out of patience. I do hope you solve your problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #19
StarCaptain

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Why have you not followed mjf's instructions on diskpart in post #6?

Instead you are doing something on your own like MiniTool Power Data Recovery etc. That way its going to be difficult for any one to continue the help.

What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to recover data or do you want to format the external drive?

You also said that you reinstalled the drivers. But didn't say what drivers.

Did you try installing the SES drivers as mentioned in mjf's post #6? Or was it just the routine drivers that Windows installs?

When specific instructions are given, you must follow them and report the results. Now if you ignore them and follow your own strategy aimlessly there is absolutely no need to ask for help here.
I have followed mjf's food steps, but disk did not responded. I have reintalled SES drivers, but still no luck.
And my external drive contains all my years of photography related work, I don't want to loose them.

I am no hurry, trying out these on weekends as time is not manageable during weekdays.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #20
StarCaptain

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
OP,
Are you reading our suggestions? I suggested the cable replace option back in post 4. You appear to go off on tangents and I am out of patience. I do hope you solve your problem.
Yes,
Thanks for taking time to reply me, I will have to try with new cable. Btw busy with my work schedule, I have only option to try out over the weekend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 WD Passport HD - Failed to recognize, Disk Not Initilized error




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows 7 home edition 64 bit problems in recognize my passport 2TB
i bought new my passport 2 TB external usb drive. the operating system recognize and installed the drivers necessary including the ses driver the operation system wa not able to show the drive on the file system. the problem was that i had to activate the partition through the disk management...
Hardware & Devices
WD Passport HD 1 TB disk 1 is unknown
Hi Admin, I'm also facing the same like the rest of em with My WD 1TB external HDD, whenever I connect it, the computer recognizes it's being plugged in, however it doesn't appear in My Computer. When I go to Disk Management it comes up as "Disk 1, Unknown, Not Initialized". I tried with...
Hardware & Devices
1st low disk space rmvd files then error remote procedure call failed
I started getting messages that disk space was low and so i went through with revo uninstaller and rmvd a bunch of programs and apps i really was not using but all the while my disk space was not really improving still kept getting the pop up messages that it was low. I did the disk cleanup...
Performance & Maintenance
which is best hard drive . My passport or my passport essential se ?
i wanna know which is the best hard drive . This one (Western Digital My Passport 1TB external HDD USB3) or this one (Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1TB external HDD USB3) and what is the advantages and disadvantages of both h
Hardware & Devices
WEI: Error: Failed to properly access the disk
Well this is a first for me! I decided to run the WEI after updating all of my drivers and have received an error message here saying that the WEI could not be computed: “Could not measure storage performance. Error: Failed to properly asses the disk. The parameter is incorrect.” Can...
Performance & Maintenance

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App