|13 Oct 2013||#1|
| || |
Safely removing my external HDD is a chaotic mess.
At the beginning of my topic, I would like to mention that this is (maybe) the first post for me, so, if I messed up with any of forums rules, just tell me.
Well, let us get into the topic directly:
* Problem Define:
- Can not do a safely remove to my external hard drive, I always get the "can not stop" messages.
- Shutting down/Restarting/Logging off take way more time when the external hard drive is plugged.
- When trying to use any trick found in Disk Management, I just get "Not responding" at the top of window.
- Can not get rid of "vds.exe: Virtual Disk Service" in task manager, even after removing cable from USB.
* Solutions tried that failed so far:
- Uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them again.
- Using some programs to force remove.
- Closing everything that is suspected to be locking the external HDD from being safely removed.
- Using process explorer.
|My System Specs|
|13 Oct 2013||#2|
| || |
Hello SinovenatoR and welcome to Seven Forums.
When you used Process Explorer did you click File > Show Details for All Processes.
Click Find > Find handle or DLL...
Type the letter for your USB device (e.g. type G: if "G" is your drive letter)
Click Search. Then look at the results and note the processes. They will tell you what's currently using the drive, so you can terminate it/them.
You could also try the free program called Unlocker if you haven't already done so. This thread has some additional info in the last few posts.
Solved: This device is currently is use message with any usb connections in Windows 7 - Tech Support Guy
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Safely removing my external HDD is a chaotic mess.|
|Safely removing USB External Hard Disk Drive||Hardware & Devices|
|Safely removing old NVIDA drivers ?||Drivers|
|Problems removing Flash Drives safely||General Discussion|
|Issues when safely removing USB drive until I close all applications||Hardware & Devices|
|How to enable unplugging of printer without 'safely removing hardware'||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.