Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HD Problem

19 Oct 2013   #1
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 
HD Problem

Windows 7 Problem - Video Dailymotion


Please help.

Thank you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Oct 2013   #2
Johnthefast

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

hey there, from watching your video I believe that extra 'hard drive' is the system reserved partition on your windows 7 install. but for some reason it has been given a drive letter.
If you delete this you may cause problems in your windows install.

go into disk management as you did in your video, right click the 100mb partition and click change drive letter. click on the drive letter and click remove and hit okay.

That will remove it from your 'my computer' but still leave the system reserved partition your computer needs without bugging you.

Just to let you know, this partition is NESSECARY. you cannot delete it. but you can stop it from appearing in your my computer page like I explained above.

If im wrong in understanding what your trying to say, post back and let me know and ill try to help further
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #3
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johnthefast View Post
hey there, from watching your video I believe that extra 'hard drive' is the system reserved partition on your windows 7 install. but for some reason it has been given a drive letter.
If you delete this you may cause problems in your windows install.

go into disk management as you did in your video, right click the 100mb partition and click change drive letter. click on the drive letter and click remove and hit okay.

That will remove it from your 'my computer' but still leave the system reserved partition your computer needs without bugging you.

Just to let you know, this partition is NESSECARY. you cannot delete it. but you can stop it from appearing in your my computer page like I explained above.

If im wrong in understanding what your trying to say, post back and let me know and ill try to help further
Sir i did that and it says me this now i'm getting scared to do yes or no please tell is it fine to do it?

View image: Dwm 2013 10 20 01 44 45 30
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Oct 2013   #4
Johnthefast

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

okay. you SHOULD be able to click yes and it will ONLY remove the drive letter. I have not done this myself on the system reserved partition but as it is not supposed to have a driver letter it should work as normal.

before you hit yes, please make sure you have anything important backed up and are able to do a reinstall, 99% sure it wont come to that. but better safe then sorry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #5
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johnthefast View Post
okay. you SHOULD be able to click yes and it will ONLY remove the drive letter. I have not done this myself on the system reserved partition but as it is not supposed to have a driver letter it should work as normal.

before you hit yes, please make sure you have anything important backed up and are able to do a reinstall, 99% sure it wont come to that. but better safe then sorry
bro im scared :worried:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #6
Johnthefast

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

well you can wait for someone else to post, fairly sure they will have the same opinion, all I can suggest is have a backup ready in case.
http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50162.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #7
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Johnthefast View Post
well you can wait for someone else to post, fairly sure they will have the same opinion, all I can suggest is have a backup ready in case.
nonoon you are good professional guy i know you work here and you are the best but im kinda scared you know because when i format that i get like i have to redo something to connect my hardisk something Lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #8
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

im going for it xD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #9
Johnthefast

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

yeah that's fair enough, reinstalls can be a pain. there is the option of leaving it be, if you don't add or delete any files to that 100mb partition your computer should continue run fine. just don't delete it or format it but if you do want it gone the only option is to remove the drive letter that I am aware of
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2013   #10
TheTechnical

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
 
 

Okay i think i love you now because you know everything now i will not delete it because i dont have a problem so yeah please read this topic to and help me lol Help for Graphic card help me over there bro and if you have steam add me for easy perposis so i can tell me if i have any problem aww thanks gumama5 steam id send me request or facebook facebook/darknezz30
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HD Problem




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer is crashing.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Hi, My computer, Dell optiplex 760 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, is crashing. The crashes often happen when i'm playing this game, League of legends, but it also crashes at random points while on a social media or gaming websites. How to fix? Help please.
BSOD Help and Support
Blurry Text problem, EDID and registry editing problem on an AMD card.
EDIT:I have found a solution, using a DVI to HDMI cable on an amd card will fix this problem, this thread can now die, hopefully someone else will find it if they have this problem. Basically, i know what the problem is, but not how to rectify it. My tv (Sceptre X235BV-FHD, a rebranded sony...
Graphic Cards
problem event name startup repair offline - slightly different problem
Hi, Hoping somebody can help with this problem which despite trawling through these very helpful forums & tutorials, I have been unable to resolve. I have tried to include all the information possible although I am relatively new to this field so my terminology is probably not completely...
General Discussion
Laptop Windows 7 Problem/Software/Hardware? Keyboard problem
Okay, right now I'm currently trying to find out whats wrong with a keyboard that is on a laptop, after the computer starts there are some script errors, I don't know exactly what they are but I ran combo fix without safe mode and restarted the scripts went away...and it started working after...
Hardware & Devices
Moving windows/icons down problem!! Move right/left/up - no problem
New system i7 3930K CPU Sabertooth X79 Mortherboard GeForce GTX690 GPU Intel 520 series SSD 32GB RAM Dell U2711 27" Monitor Win 7 Pro
General Discussion
Problem Reports and Solutions - Change Problem Reporting Settings
How to Change "Problem Reporting Settings" in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Sending problem reports to Microsoft helps Windows 7 and Windows 8 to check and identify problems and notify you about any found solutions. This tutorial will show you how to change the Problem Reporting Settings in...
Tutorials

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App