Quote: Originally Posted by mlthornton
Hi Adrian, thanks for your help.
I'm sure I have tried this before but I will give it a go!
Okay al HP s/w deleted after printer unplugged. PC rebooted. What now?
Mill, after deleting all HP software perform the following operation:
- Reboot your system.
- Insert the installation disk that came with your printer.
- Find the install.exe with your mouse.
- On install.exe right click your mouse and you will see a dropdown menu, about midway thru you will see "COMPATABILITY MODE" Click on that and you will see VISTA 64 or 32 bit click the one of them.
- Come up the dropdown menu and look for "RUN AS ADMIN" click that option and the installer will execute the installation.
- Follow the installer prompts, when it tells you to connect the printer to your system do so.
- Windows 7 now has compatable drivers that will work your printer.
- Go to device manager and review your hardware setting.
Report back with the results.