Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: one or more fans running at full throttle when locked

10 Dec 2013   #1
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 
one or more fans running at full throttle when locked

Just as the title states; why is one or more of my computer's fans going to full throttle and staying there the moment i do a windows sign plus l to lock the computer? once i enter the password to unlock it; it goes back to normal. What can anyone out there make of this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Dec 2013   #2
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Just as the title states; why is one or more of my computer's fans going to full throttle and staying there the moment i do a windows sign plus l to lock the computer? once i enter the password to unlock it; it goes back to normal. What can anyone out there make of this?
Hi matts6887,

Do you have any software running on the system which controls the fan speed. If yes then you can use the same to lower the speed of the fans.

Also, have you tried updating BIOS as it also controls the speed of the fan.What softwares are still running in the background when you leave the system locked. You should perform a clean boot and check:

Clean Boot

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2013   #3
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Just as the title states; why is one or more of my computer's fans going to full throttle and staying there the moment i do a windows sign plus l to lock the computer? once i enter the password to unlock it; it goes back to normal. What can anyone out there make of this?
Hi matts6887,

Do you have any software running on the system which controls the fan speed. If yes then you can use the same to lower the speed of the fans.

Also, have you tried updating BIOS as it also controls the speed of the fan.What softwares are still running in the background when you leave the system locked. You should perform a clean boot and check:

Clean Boot

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
Well; it sorta seems the problem somehow resolved itself all on its own; so i dont know exactly why it was doing what it was; but it seems like either the bios took care of it or the asus motherboard utility/tool that i have to control my fans called fan xpert regained control of it so i think im a-ok for now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Dec 2013   #4
SandeepP

Winndows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SandeepP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Just as the title states; why is one or more of my computer's fans going to full throttle and staying there the moment i do a windows sign plus l to lock the computer? once i enter the password to unlock it; it goes back to normal. What can anyone out there make of this?
Hi matts6887,

Do you have any software running on the system which controls the fan speed. If yes then you can use the same to lower the speed of the fans.

Also, have you tried updating BIOS as it also controls the speed of the fan.What softwares are still running in the background when you leave the system locked. You should perform a clean boot and check:

Clean Boot

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
Well; it sorta seems the problem somehow resolved itself all on its own; so i dont know exactly why it was doing what it was; but it seems like either the bios took care of it or the asus motherboard utility/tool that i have to control my fans called fan xpert regained control of it so i think im a-ok for now.
Hi matts6887,

Its great to hear it is working fine right now. Please check the system at your convenience and let us if you require any further advise on this.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 one or more fans running at full throttle when locked




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cat sat on laptop, now fans wont stop running
Hello, one day I was changing and my cat sat on top of my laptop, by that I mean on top of the keyboard. It sat there for about 2 minutes and since then the fans wont stop running. They run at 100% all the time, even when Im idle. They sound like theyre reving up and then rev up again, kind of like...
Hardware & Devices
Won't wake from sleep and fans on full - needs to be shutdown
Hi I am a fairly capable person, fairly confident on my computer but don't always know all the jargon and abbreviations you guys use, so please bear with me. I just had to do a clean system install as my computer was running slow and nothing else helped. It is running lovely in general now...
Performance & Maintenance
sleep (fans still running)
im using EMX-MCP61M2-iCafe motherboard, AMD sempron 140, 2gig memory, 160 gig sata, every time i set my CPU to sleep mode my monitor and harddrive turn off, but the the fans are all running even the power supply fan. I cann't find s3 or s1 to the bios, even to the main board i can't find +5VSB to...
General Discussion
[URGENT ] [HELP NEEDED] Computer turning off FANS full speed
Hey there, i changed my computer case about 3 days ago, all went well, only a few minor issues that were fixed, PC was running fine all day today, went out then when i came back turned it on and all is fine, after about an hour i decided to start a game (League of legends) all was fine until the...
General Discussion
Fans running full speed
Hi Switched on the pc this morning Fans running at full speed ... switched off and restarted two or three times with the same effect. Looking inside the pc the cpu was clean and virtually free of dust and connections were fine.I started the pc again and ran pc wizard to check temperatures (quad...
Hardware & Devices
Sleep (fans still running)
I can't figure out why my fans keep running when my PC goes to sleep. Is there a known bug that prevents them from stopping?? Anybody have any ideas? Thanks Ant
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App