Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Not Syncing With Controller

20 Dec 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Not Syncing With Controller

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, and I have a problem where I cannot connect my XBox 360 controller to the wireless receiver I own. I have looked online to find a solution for my situation, but none that I have found have worked. I have even tried the solution involving going into the device manager and updating the device drivers. I would like help ASAP.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2013   #2

Win 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64
 
 

did it use to to work or is it a new receiver and does it light up solid green when plugged in?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

I got it from a friend who couldn't get it to work and didn't take the time to find out how. Yes, the light is solid green when plugged in.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Dec 2013   #4

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GreyM62 View Post
I got it from a friend who couldn't get it to work and didn't take the time to find out how. Yes, the light is solid green when plugged in.
Did windows detect the device and try to install drivers for it the first time you plugged it in to the computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GreyM62 View Post
I got it from a friend who couldn't get it to work and didn't take the time to find out how. Yes, the light is solid green when plugged in.
Did windows detect the device and try to install drivers for it the first time you plugged it in to the computer?
No, it didn't, so I installed them on my own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2013   #6

Win 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GreyM62 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by matts6887 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GreyM62 View Post
I got it from a friend who couldn't get it to work and didn't take the time to find out how. Yes, the light is solid green when plugged in.
Did windows detect the device and try to install drivers for it the first time you plugged it in to the computer?
No, it didn't, so I installed them on my own.
Ah, reason i asked is that these are notorious for having dying fuses that that you then have to bypass to make work again(mine did this). is it shown in the device manger anywhere? EDIT: also is it a real one of the knock off that needs different drivers http://krisrowland.wordpress.com/201...dows-7-64-bit/ ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

After reading through the above link, I've determined that my receiver is a knock off (labeled with "Xbox 360" instead of "Microsoft"). Could you provide me with a link to the other drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2013   #8

Win 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64
 
 

grabbed off amazon:
Here's how to set it up:

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Select the "Unknown Device"
3. Choose to update the driver under the Driver tab
4. Choose the 'Browse for a driver' (not the exact words but close)
5. Tell it that you want to pick from the list of device drivers
6. Choose the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" option
7. Pick the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
8. Enjoy

does yours look like this one? Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games as in no official hologram sticker on the bottom.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
grabbed off amazon:
Here's how to set it up:

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Select the "Unknown Device"
3. Choose to update the driver under the Driver tab
4. Choose the 'Browse for a driver' (not the exact words but close)
5. Tell it that you want to pick from the list of device drivers
6. Choose the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" option
7. Pick the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
8. Enjoy

does yours look like this one? Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games as in no official hologram sticker on the bottom.
I have already tried that method. And yes, it looks like that one but black.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2013   #10

Win 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64
 
 

hmm ill look into it maybe you can use motion joys drivers? EDIT: does it show up as anything in the device manager? does it install but not sync and stupid question but are you holding both buttons on controller and receiver to sync it? (had to be asked lol)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Not Syncing With Controller




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Receiver Not Syncing With Controller
Thread Forum
Cannot Sync Controller to Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Gaming
XBOX 360 wireless receiver won't connect to controller with Windows 7 Network & Sharing
Xbox 360 Wireless receiver synced with controller, but not windows Hardware & Devices
xbox 360 wireless controller receiver not working... Hardware & Devices
Microsoft Wireless Xbox Controller for PC will not sync w/ Receiver Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33