|18 Jan 2014||#1|
| || |
External HDD not detected in Bios and cannot access in W7
This morning I checked my backup disk, aa external Seagate 2 tb ST2000DM001, used for backups and was not able to access it. I did notice that Windows tried to install drivers to some kind of device and the installatrion was unsuccesful. Of course MS does not tell us what kind of devi\ce but I am assuming that it is the Seagate external drive. What have I done so far?
1. Tested the USB connetion. OK
2. Downloaded Device Doctor from Seagate and did a scan. Drive in question not found.
3.The bios does not detect the drive in question.
4. Belarc Advisor lists it, not as a DRIVE but something connected to a USB port.
5. I do not have the installation CD. Can't be sure I ever had one.
6. Restore to a date when it was working. No help.
I need help to steer me in the right direction.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: External HDD not detected in Bios and cannot access in W7|
|Bluetooth not detected in windows, or in the bios||Hardware & Devices|
|No drives detected in bios||Hardware & Devices|
|BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.||General Discussion|
|Hard disk not detected by BIOS||BSOD Help and Support|
|Need Help - HDD Not Detected in BIOS||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.