Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My SATA devices show up as SCSI??

15 Mar 2014   #21
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

It must be (ab)normal. I have spared no expense and searched Google for similar issues. Some claim it's because of this or that, none of which apply to me.

Most say it is indeed "normal", but doesn't explain why my two machine show drives differently, one SCSI, the other simple SATA.

Jack, I earlier meant Fireberd who is also Jack. Are we all confused now?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Mar 2014   #22
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Well I'm still confused but I have been that way most of my life. I got use to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2014   #23
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Well I'm still confused but I have been that way most of my life. I got use to it.
Been there, still there, I have the tee shirt. I have only 2 working brain cells.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Mar 2014   #24
Wolfeymole

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Is English your first language?
It's always amusing when some Americans think they are the only people that can speak English.

You have obviously missed my location but this is because the lady doth protest too much methinks.

You split hairs where there are none to be split and I suggest that Fireberd is quite happy with the responses that have been provided.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #25
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I do believe that Fireberd understands that some members also have the same condition. I do believe that Fireberd also understands that so far none of the posters know exactly why it's that way but so far it hasn't caused anybody any problems.
Personally I believe SCSI is coming from the motherboard but can't prove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #26
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfeymole View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Is English your first language?
It's always amusing when some Americans think they are the only people that can speak English.

You have obviously missed my location but this is because the lady doth protest too much methinks.

You split hairs where there are none to be split and I suggest that Fireberd is quite happy with the responses that have been provided.
I'm fully aware that people from the USA aren't the only people who speak English and I didn't miss your location. Just because you live in England doesn't mean you were born there nor that English is your first language; you could have immigrated to England or had been born and raised in a non-English speaking immigrant household. I asked to try to understand why you have so much trouble understanding simple English. I now understand.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #27
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
...Personally I believe SCSI is coming from the motherboard but can't prove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #28
Wolfeymole

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
 
 

Your capacity for arrogance astounds me so I shall comment no further in this thread and bid you good day Madam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #29
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

As I've previously mentioned, its not a problem, just curious as to why.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2014   #30
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfeymole View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Is English your first language?
It's always amusing when some Americans think they are the only people that can speak English.

You have obviously missed my location but this is because the lady doth protest too much methinks.

You split hairs where there are none to be split and I suggest that Fireberd is quite happy with the responses that have been provided.
I'm fully aware that people from the USA aren't the only people who speak English and I didn't miss your location. Just because you live in England doesn't mean you were born there nor that English is your first language; you could have immigrated to England or had been born and raised in a non-English speaking immigrant household. I asked to try to understand why you have so much trouble understanding simple English. I now understand.
Well maybe that saying is only known in American English?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My SATA devices show up as SCSI??




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Why does Device Manager say my SATA HDD is SCSI
The particular HDD is a Samsung HD103SI. This is a SATA drive. It is connected with a SATA cable. My PC doesn't have any SCSI ports. But Device Manager - Disk Drives lists it as SAMSUNG HD103SI SCSI Disk Device. It works just fine. Except for one thing, which I don't need at the moment. I...
Hardware & Devices
Replacing SCSI storage drivers with IDE or SATA drivers
Having issues with RAID0 array being detected by Windows7 Ultimate x64 as SCSI. Apparently these drivers are the 'default' drivers that install when the RAID array is initialized. There is no option at this point to install other drivers instead. Using DeviceManager, there is an option to...
Drivers
SSD + WD Raptor SATA Drives Showing up as SCSI Win 7 Ultimate
I've been reading about issues with people having problems with their SSD's not being reconized by Windows 7 Ultimate...but my WD 600gig STAT III Raptor is listed as a SCSI as well. I assume the problem is with my Marvell Driver. I bought this 60gig OCZ Vertex 3 SATA III drive for a Boot drive...
Drivers
SATA SSD Drive shows up as SCSI - Rediculously baffled...
Hey guys, Ill try and keep this straight and to the point but at this point myself, intel, and dell are baffled. I have a Dell XPS730 with the Nvidia Nforce 790i chipset. I run two 500 gig SATA drives under RAID 0. I recently installed an Intel X25 80 gig SSD and have ran into problems. ...
Hardware & Devices
Why does my SATA drive show up as SCSI?
I have an HP desktop computer running WIndows 7. The motherboard has an nVidia chipset. I also have 2 standard SATA hard drives and a SATA SSD drive attached. When I bring up Device Manager, all of the drives are listed as SCSI drives. Anyone know if there are any driver updates that can fix this?...
Hardware & Devices
Sata Devices reporting as SCSI, performance issues?
Good evening, Just installed Windows 7 RTM and my Sata HDD's and DVDRW are reporting as SCSI devices. I would get this problem in XP if I installed the mobo's raid drivers by accident. If I did then the devices would report as SCSI and the dvd burner would report as a cdrom and would not burn...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App