Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: Erratic Mouse behavior / Lenovo T520

22 Apr 2014   #1
ChrisPbass

7 Ultimate 64 bit

Erratic Mouse behavior / Lenovo T520

Extremely annoying mouse behavior.

Lenovo T520
8GB memory
W7 64
SSD by Intel
Wireless MS mouse
Wired MS keyboard
Wired HP 425 printer

Sometimes a wireless mouse will work just fine and then it will get erratic. Moving the mouse is very laggy (like you're playing an online game and the server is being hammered). Actually clicking something on a page is very difficult and very very annoying as it is so time consuming.

It doesn't happen all the time and I can't pinpoint anything that is taxing the system and making the CPU crawl.

At this point, I have a wired trackball and it appears to be working fine, but if history proves itself my wife will start working and it will staring messing up again.

Main applications that are run are
Firefox/gmail
Quickbooks
Adobe Acrobat X
Internet connection is wired...

Maybe some sort of driver problem? I have uninstalled and installed the mouse. This happens with ANY wireless mouse.
It's not happening right now w/this trackball...but I expect it to.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2014   #2
matts6887

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

I would try re downloading the software for the mouse and reinstalling it that way and see what happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec

Erratic Mouse behavior / Lenovo T520

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
wake behavior is erratic
could I please piggyback here; this is an issue I thought had gone away many Windows7 updates ago but apparently not. I have a HP/Compaq "p" minitower windows 7 PRO x64, up to date, using a "genuine" Microsoft optical mouse and pedestrian keyboard - both wire-attached to usb ports . It being a...
Performance & Maintenance
Why does my mouse act up and become very erratic
When I plug my Logitech MX518 mouse into the rear of my MSI Z77A-G45 moboard it (the mouse) either stops working or becomes very erratic to the point of freezing the computer. Plugged into the front of the board it works flawlessly.
General Discussion
Erratic browser behavior (links not working) - DNS problems?
I have a weird problem that has been plaguing my Dell Studio 1555 for the last couple months. Most of my web browsing seems to work just fine, but i have certain links or pages (or elements within a page) that don't work. I have tested these sites on IE, FF (my default) and Chrome, and the same...
Browsers & Mail
Random BSOD on Lenovo T520 esp. on USB access
Hi, I have been getting 2-3 BSOD in a day. I have attached all the required files in Attachemnt. System: Lenovo T520 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Installation: Pre-installed by Lenovo Age of system (hardware): 1 Month Age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?): 1 month
BSOD Help and Support
Home network and sharing erratic behavior
Homegroup and network -- now you see 'em now you don't. We have 5 computers, 4 of which have Win7 home premium (all 64bit), 1 runs Win7Pro 64 bit. We are using the Lynksys E2000 wireless n router (WPA2 mode). The desktop is directly wired through LAN. Each machine has Norton Internet Security 2011...
Network & Sharing
erratic keyboard behavior after installing windows 7
Hi, Iíve just installed windows 7 on my wifeís HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop, and she is reporting that her keyboard is behaving very erratically. She says that while she is typing the cursor will jump to another part of the page, highlighting some text, then erasing what was highlighted with her...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd