Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which PSU should I go for?

10 Jun 2014   #1
draptak

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 
Which PSU should I go for?

Corsair 600W or the Corsair 750W?

Corsair 600W
Direct Output= +3.3V - 25 A , +5V - 25 A , +12V - 62 A , -12V - 0.8 A , +5VSB - 3 A

Corsair 750W
Direct Output= +3.3V - 25 A , +5V - 25 A , +12V - 46 A , -12V - 0.8 A , +5VSB - 3 A

The Corsair 750W states that it has 62A while the Corsair 600W has 46A.
What is the difference between them?
Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Jun 2014   #2
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

1. What's it for?
2. Your table doesn't match your statement on 46 vs. 62 Amps. Which is it?

It's like asking what light bulb should you use. Depends if it's for a nightlight or to light up the back yard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #3
draptak

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
1. What's it for?
2. Your table doesn't match your statement on 46 vs. 62 Amps. Which is it?

It's like asking what light bulb should you use. Depends if it's for a nightlight or to light up the back yard.
Silly me,

Im looking to get a PSU that will work for a new GTX 770 DirectCU II
My current PSU has 24A on the +12 Rail so it isnt powerful to run at full speed.

Im not sure which is the better option of these two PSU I want to get. So I'd like to know the difference.

Thanks

Specs
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GRAPHICS: GeForce GTX 260
Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jun 2014   #4
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Have you rejected all other possibilities other than those 2?

If so, what is the full model name and number for those 2 Corsairs?

It says here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A..._II_OC/25.html

that maximum power consumption for the card is 213 watts.

Based on that, I'd guess a good 500 watt PSU would be plenty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #5
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #6
draptak

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Have you rejected all other possibilities other than those 2?

If so, what is the full model name and number for those 2 Corsairs?

It says here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A..._II_OC/25.html

that maximum power consumption for the card is 213 watts.

Based on that, I'd guess a good 500 watt PSU would be plenty.
I want either a Corsair CX600M or CX750M.

Still undecided which I should go for, something preferably that will benefit in the long term
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #7
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

213 watts is a little under 18 Amps on the 12v rail.

The difference between the two is 16 Amps on the 12v rail. Which is which is still unknown.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #8
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by draptak View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
1. What's it for?
2. Your table doesn't match your statement on 46 vs. 62 Amps. Which is it?

It's like asking what light bulb should you use. Depends if it's for a nightlight or to light up the back yard.
Silly me,

Im looking to get a PSU that will work for a new GTX 770 DirectCU II
My current PSU has 24A on the +12 Rail so it isnt powerful to run at full speed.

Im not sure which is the better option of these two PSU I want to get. So I'd like to know the difference.

Thanks

Specs
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GRAPHICS: GeForce GTX 260
Windows
Most nowadays motherboards need 24A to 25A to start with, and if you plan using a Gtx 770 DC2 + hard drives - Combo DVD/Cd - and others...you might go directly to a 750W PSU to have little room though.
Quote:
something preferably that will benefit in the long term
You might not be able to SLI.

I've got R9-270X (max 225W when fully loaded or Oc'ed) and a 700W PSU (25A on 12V rail).

You have to know the overall system power consumption.

this power supply calculator can help you HERE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2014   #9
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Corsair CX Series Modular CX600M 600 W Review | techPowerUp

above is a thorough review of the 600m. Pretty good, but not outstanding.

It's made by Channel Well.

You certainly don't need 750 watts, so given that you have only 2 choices; I'd get the 600 watt model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2014   #10
madcratebuilder

Win8/8.1,Win7-U64, Vista U64, uncounted Linux distor's
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which PSU should I go for?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App